Bearcat Grips - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
3AXBAT
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Bearcat Grips

My Bearcat is an early one, s/n K###, and I have a question about grips. The original grips don't have the Ruger logo, and I want to know if grips from a later gun or aftermarket will fit. Did the grip frame change at all?

Plus, it's shooting about an inch low at 15yds with Federal Automatch. Is there anything I can do about that?
Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Sbh87
Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I do not think the grip frame changed at all even from old model to new model (I may be wrong but I'm around 90% sure). Try Ruger's online store or try calling them to see if you can order up some replacement grips.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
bluegill314

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Only an inch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3AXBAT View Post
My Bearcat is an early one, s/n K###, and I have a question about grips. The original grips don't have the Ruger logo, and I want to know if grips from a later gun or aftermarket will fit. Did the grip frame change at all?

Plus, it's shooting about an inch low at 15yds with Federal Automatch. Is there anything I can do about that?
I'd love my Bearcat if it was only an inch low at that range. Mine shoots several inches left and 4-5 inches high at that same range. I have to straighten the front blade on mine (it was bent right when I bought it; I thought it might have been regulated already). That might get me on target.

If you really need to get it dead on (and in your place, I would too!), I believe taking a small, fine file to the top of the front blade will regulate it. Go very slowly, and check often so as to not take too much. Not sure if it is worth it, but it can be done.

Luck,

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 08:29 PM
Skeezix

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3AXBAT View Post
Try different ammo.
Many different types of ammo.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:38 PM
dondavis3
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I believe I'd try different ammo's before I starter filing on mine.

Then maybe take it to a gunsmith for advise.

I love this gun.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Imra
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
grip frame remained the same between all of the OM bearcats i know for sure, and i believe its still the same. you could always contact ajax and get some nice aftermarket grips for it with whatever medallion you would like. your gun shooting low is normal for these older alphabet prefix guns. later on down the road they lowered the front stake because of complaints about them all shooting low.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM
dondavis3
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sory to tell you that Ajax Grips is out of business. I used them for years, but they are now gone.

I've used Gun Grips before and they have good prices and quality.

http://www.gungrip.com/