Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 512 Tactical in .22wmr

7K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  gmd1950 
#1 ·
I was aware of the Tactical model in .22lr, but until today did not know they'd made a .22wmr model, a small shop in the Peoples republic of Orange County, NC had it, New/Unfired (except at the factory) with a Sig Romeo SOR 2moa red dot and Magpul MBUS iron sites. Well dang, .22wmr (weakness) lots of extras all for the retail price of the rifle alone. I'm weak I tell you. It's kind of heavy but threaded with a flash hider for now so I can use my Can on it, another Toy. Photos when I can, but its pretty much butt ugly. :D

#6 ·
I saw one of those at a local big-box and was this >< close to buying it, but had an unfortunate lucid moment, remembering I hadn't fired the .22WMR I already own in about 15 years. :eek: If I was still hunting jackrabbits for a dollar a pelt like I did as a teenager I'd been all over it. I think the chassis might have helped with POI shift when taking it out in sub-zero temperatures, important when you're trying to make head shots at 100 yards to avoid blowing up the pelt. I'm interested in how yours shoots for you, please let us know.

#10 ·
Good for you!

I don’t understand the tactical hate. Many of the “tactical attributes” make these guns more easy to shoot for a variety of shooters (especially fitting them to smaller shooters like kids and grandkids) and fitting them rapidly to bigger shooters. Also they have other desirable attributes like; free floating the barrel, no need to bed it, usually a easily reached mag release, etc.... It’s evolution. Look at all the chassis shooters in competitions using them on bolt guns. I think if it helps you or others shoot better and gets them out more good for you. I like wood stocked guns as well as the newest and greatest tactical guns. Variety is the spice of life and gun owners shouldn’t crap on others just because what I like isn’t what you like.

Sorry for the rant. Op

I can’t wait for a rant report. They are sadly lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Not much of a Tactical guy myself, just don't see these and .22wmr is my favorite "toy" round...so live with it haters....:bthumb:

Imgur has gone nuts and won't let me edit these for rotation...

#25 ·
Too bad the styling isn't a bit more Scorpion like, handled a used Scorpion "carbine" at the LGS today, sort of like it but my Sub2000's are a lot lighter and more compact, just couldn't talk myself into it.:(

#32 ·
Have had an interest in the CMR-30 for a couple of years...as I like the .22 mag which some have called the poor mans 5.7x28 and it's 30 rd mag .. but they seem to get mixed reviews on line. Felt it would be a fun gun and good for the wife if the SHTF or home defense.

My semi-auto PCC PDW/SHTF has been the Beretta CX-4 for 92 mags as it pairs nicely with my 92s; and there are factory and Mec-gar 15-30 rd mags available. Also even with a 16" barrel it can be shorter than an AR with stock collasped.

Gerald what's your experience with the CMR????????.

Wish they made a 20 or 25 rd mag for the 512 like the .22lr.

#33 ·
I follow the loading sequence in the manual, load 5, tap down...repeat. I only load 25 rounds as it gets pretty hard to load after that. Following this I find it very reliable and plenty accurate for what I need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.