I wonder if he used a .22? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-27-2021, 06:22 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
I wonder if he used a .22?

From todays Casper WY Star-Tribune:

A Casper man shot a person who was attempting to forcefully enter a home in Cheyenne, police there said.

The man who was shot fled the scene. Officers later found him at a Motel 6 in Cheyenne, suffering from a gunshot wound, police said. He was taken by ambulance to Cheyenne Regional Medical Center.

The shooting occurred at about 9:30 p.m. Friday at a home on the 3800 block of Greenway Street on the city's east side. Police were told a 51-year-old man from Cheyenne tried to force his way inside a home through the front door.

The Casper man, identified only as a 33-year-old, ordered the suspect to leave several times, police said. The 51-year-old man, whose name was not released, refused to comply, and when he continued to try and force his way inside, the Casper man retrieved a gun and shot through the door.

That, police said, prompted the suspect to flee. Authorities did not detail his injuries or condition.

The case remains under investigation, police said.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:27 PM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
.22 or not it seems to have done the job.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:33 PM
steelhauler34

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wonder if he used a .22?

Not sure what it matters. He better find a really good attorney. Lmao.

Edit….well I guess the OP didn’t specify if the homeowner shot through an interior door or an exterior door. If it was an exterior door IE the guy hadn’t actually breeched into the home than he had better find a really good attorney.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by steelhauler34; 11-27-2021 at 06:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2021, 06:41 PM
jnyork

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler34 View Post
Not sure what it matters. He better find a really good attorney. Lmao.

Edit….well I guess the OP didn’t specify if the homeowner shot through an interior door or an exterior door. If it was an exterior door IE the guy hadn’t actually breeched into the home than he had better find a really good attorney.

" tried to force his way inside a home through the front door".

It's Wyoming, I doubt if the homeowner will get charged, we see things a little differently than some other places.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:00 PM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post

It's Wyoming, I doubt if the homeowner will get charged, we see things a little differently than some other places.
Exactly!
Old 11-27-2021, 07:09 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
From todays Casper WY Star-Tribune:

A Casper man shot a person who was attempting to forcefully enter a home in Cheyenne, police there said.

The man who was shot fled the scene. Officers later found him at a Motel 6 in Cheyenne, suffering from a gunshot wound, police said. He was taken by ambulance to Cheyenne Regional Medical Center.

The shooting occurred at about 9:30 p.m. Friday at a home on the 3800 block of Greenway Street on the city's east side. Police were told a 51-year-old man from Cheyenne tried to force his way inside a home through the front door.

The Casper man, identified only as a 33-year-old, ordered the suspect to leave several times, police said. The 51-year-old man, whose name was not released, refused to comply, and when he continued to try and force his way inside, the Casper man retrieved a gun and shot through the door.

That, police said, prompted the suspect to flee. Authorities did not detail his injuries or condition.

The case remains under investigation, police said.
Whatever the caliber, it stopped the threat.

I won't presume to know Wyoming State law on these matters, but Louisiana State laws says that they have to be attempting unlawful entry.

Oh, and our auto is our domicile while we occupy it.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:36 PM
NoNewTricks

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
…The 51-year-old man, whose name was not released,
That must have been Mothman. After all, he did go to the light that Motel 6 left on.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:38 PM
steelhauler34

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Who knows. None the less a 100% bad shoot

Old 11-27-2021, 09:22 PM
LocoGringo
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

So, what, he's supposed to wait for the guy to breech the door? Call and hope the police arrive before his door is broken down?

There's video on YouTube where someone had a doorbell with a camera on it and saw that the men outside who were trying to get in the house were armed. He shot through the door and made them scatter like roaches. He wasn't charged as he should not have been.

One should not make such quick judgements without all of the facts and you definitely can't rely on today's media to give you many facts, much less all of them. Only a fool is 100% certain without all of the facts.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:25 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:

You sir, appear to be wrong, . . .

(d) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter another's home or habitation is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence. ... (iii) “Deadly force” means force that is intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury.

Wyoming Statutes Title 6. Crimes and Offenses § 6-2-602

(emphasis mine.)

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 11-27-2021, 09:39 PM
steelhauler34

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Whatever….your stories. I can tell you one person that will never shoot through a door to the outside and that’s me. You all do %%% you want and hope some DA doesn’t ruin your entire life.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:41 PM
Rosscoe

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoGringo View Post
So, what, he's supposed to wait for the guy to breech the door? Call and hope the police arrive before his door is broken down?

There's video on YouTube where someone had a doorbell with a camera on it and saw that the men outside who were trying to get in the house were armed. He shot through the door and made them scatter like roaches. He wasn't charged as he should not have been.

One should not make such quick judgements without all of the facts and you definitely can't rely on today's media to give you many facts, much less all of them. Only a fool is 100% certain without all of the facts.
Police arrive in time to draw chalk lines..................
Old 11-27-2021, 09:52 PM
dwarren

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do what you have to do to survive!
Old 11-27-2021, 10:18 PM
jnyork

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
I will try to find out more about this if it ever gets published.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:18 PM
randyman_ar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Whatever….your stories. I can tell you one person that will never shoot through a door to the outside and that’s me. You all do %%% you want and hope some DA doesn’t ruin your entire life.

Interesting. I can see both sides. I would be hesitant to shoot through an exterior door at an unseen perceived threat. But then I live alone, almost, (Roommates with a 120lb Staffordshire Terrier). If I had children or a wife to protect, different story. Vocal warning ... Armed and will shoot... then I'd light the door up till threat subsided.
Not that hard from the comfort of my keyboard, with time to think about it. Being startled out of a dead sleep, who knows...... Truth is we do not know how we will react until we've been there. I thank God I never have and hope I never.
YMMV

Last edited by randyman_ar; 11-27-2021 at 10:56 PM.