Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Buffalo wings

1K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  rep1954 
#1 ·
What are the best wings you ever ate? You know this is probably going to get the evil admin to ban me. I don't like bone in chicken so I have no answer.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I did an electrical job when I was contracting for a small wing place in Portland called Fire on the Mountain. Absolutely the best wings I have had anywhere without reservation.... now they have three locations and still going strong.... the owners were a couple relatively young folks from Buffalo New York and really knew how to make wings.... may have to make a trip over there again soon...

#11 ·
The best Buffalo Wings I ever ate are the ones I make. Get fresh wings from the butcher and cut them into flats and drummies yourself, freezing the tips for stock later. Deep fry them plain (no breading) then toss them in a mixture of Frank's Red Hot and melted butter (whisk it together so it is full combined). Serve it with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. :bthumb:

#12 ·
Best deep fried slightly hot wings I ever had come from Vangos of Marquette, MI. I'm pretty sure they get em frozen from elsewhere but they're still the best eating skin n all yardbirds this poor unejucated yankee's ever had! Sometimes a bit of blue cheese don't hurt either. I'm hungry!

#18 ·
Have to admit I love wings, but not the hot type. My German constitution just can't handle spicy foods well... but my favorite place I described above has some peanut sauce wings (among their 7 or 8 different flavors) that are incredible and even better with some Bleu cheese dressing..... %%%%, I'm drooling and it's only 8:30 in the morning.... ;)

Bob

#28 ·
Ray's Original Buffalo Wings in Omaha were always the best, haven't been there in a while, though. The wings were significantly larger than the pigeon wings found at most other places and at the time I frequented the place the only sauce was buffalo sauce, which was available in different levels of heat. They've moved a couple of times since then and I've heard they're about the same but offer different sauces now.

At home I follow lesptr's lead and prepare mine on the grill with dry rub. I run one burner and place the wings off to the side (indirect heat). I put some apple or pecan wood chips in a foil pouch, poke some holes in it and place the pouch over the active burner. You can leave the sauce in the fridge, not needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.