JWH Custom Customer Service - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:24 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (281)
Angry JWH Custom Customer Service

I don't like doing this, especially to an RFC sponsor. But it is NOT bashing, read on.

In mid-June I ordered a JWH bolt (American Flag Waving). I know some of you have complained about JWH bolts, but I have two that have been used hard with no issues. (Now wish I had ordered another KIDD bolt -- even w/o the Flag.) JWH didn't ship the bolt until July 7th, but not an issue as I was awaiting what I needed to complete the build otherwise. Finally in early September, I put the build together in a 1970-vintage Ruger receiver. Used One-Shot on the bolt and inside the receiver. After assembly, I pulled the bolt back -- with great difficulty as it was jammed in battery, and it then jammed with the bolt fully back. I pulled it forward hard again and it went into battery only with a very hard push. Totally non-functional (the original Ruger bolt worked fine). So I tore it down, removed another fully functional JWH bolt from one of my KIDD receivers and replaced it with the new bolt. And it had exactly the same jamming issues. Incidentally, the bolt jammed with the trigger installed, but less so without the trigger. There's no way this bolt was going to work properly -- in a Ruger or KIDD receiver.

So I sent JWH an Email on Sept. 5th, after no response for a week, I called. I was immediately answered with a recording stating there was no one available to take my call, please leave my name, number, and a brief message, or send an Email or text. I then got a beep and another massage: The mail box is full and cannot accept any more messages. AAaarrrggghhh!!! DEAD END!

I paid for the order with PayPal, so on 9/13, I filed a complaint with PayPal. PayPal said they would contact JWH. Today, the 16th, I checked into PayPal for the status and found there had been NO response from JWH. So I sent another Email and again called JWH -- after 10:00 am PDT their time on a business day -- and had exactly the same results as the first call.

I have NO idea what is going on with them, and there appears no way to find out. If they remain unresponsive, I'm not sure what recourse I might have -- other than perhaps through PayPal and who knows how long that might take. Any similar experiences out there?

Doug
Old 09-16-2021, 12:46 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have ONE JWH bolt. Ironically, itís design is rather poignant to the vendors lack of response here-

DrG

Last edited by DrGunner; 10-02-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:33 PM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I gave up on them a long time ago, when their "competition bolt" was a POS. Stayed with Kidd since then. Wish you had better recourse. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2021, 03:44 PM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your JWH bolt dbr

I haven't purchased anything from JWH recently, but I've got a half dozen of the first generation Competitor bolts that I purchased when JWH had them on a deep discount sale several years ago...haven't had any issues with them yet

but, if the JWH bolts hadn't been on sale for the $26 I paid for them back then, I doubt that I would have purchased them...I feel there's really no point in paying anyone in the neighborhood of $100 for a bolt, when you can get a KIDD for about the same amount of $$ and get a known, good part

but, since I could get a bolt for about a quarter of the price of a KIDD..I figured it was worth the gamble...so I bought one, tried it out, it worked fine, so I ordered 5 more

in hindsight I should have ordered a dozen of 'em when they were available at that price.. 'cause I went to order more a week later, and they were sold out
Old 09-16-2021, 03:59 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
I've got two of them in a desk drawer, I'd put one in a build and it ran great so I bought two more on sale....ya' never know.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:12 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
I've got two of them in a desk drawer, I'd put one in a build and it ran great so I bought two more on sale....ya' never know.
Does yours reference donkey headgear as well?
Old 09-16-2021, 04:29 PM
dbr65

TPC Rating: 
100% (281)
One of the things I liked about the JWH bolts was the availability of various laser-engraved graphics. One of the first I bought from them I ordered with my initials for a very special build. It looks great and works great. I have another that has a diamond pattern that is much more interesting than what KIDD offers and it, too, works just fine. So I am very disappointed with this one. If I can't get any satisfaction from JWH I plan to take extra pains to measure all the pertinent dimensions and surfaces to see where it differs from the others that work just fine. But who knows if it will be fixable.

And by the way, I tried the JWH bolt with both their charging rod & handle and a KIDD charging rod & handle -- no difference.

And I sent them (as an RFC sponsor) a PM this afternoon. No response -- as yet.

Other than a special delivery telegram (do they still do those?), I have no other ideas for an effective contact.

Doug
Old 09-16-2021, 07:41 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
JWH has no customer service. I was buying a v block and asked them which end up was recommended , since the push screw could be adjuted from either hole it was unclear to me at the time if the angled cut went up or down., and was sent a link to video on how to install a barrel, which did not address my question. When I pointed this out, they cut off all communication and I could no longer access them threw their ebay websites. They wouldnít even allow me to purchase other items.

You're gonna have to rely on Paypal to get your money back.

I have a bunch of JWH bolts, not one of them would run in a Kingston Armory Receiver, but oem bolts would. But, They all run fine in their oem receivers.

The JWHs were just a smidge too tall and wide to run smoothly in the KA.

By any chance is the vintage ruger receiver old enough to have the second internal bolt rail? Cause that could be a problem .

Also , check the scope rail screws , they may clear fine for the oem , but not for the JWH.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:48 PM
Phish4one

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its a shame to hear them kind of issues but when you file a claim thru Paypal it takes about 30 days to get your money back which you should.
Old 09-16-2021, 09:21 PM
dbr65

TPC Rating: 
100% (281)
One or more of those factors in the Ruger receiver might be the problem if the bolt ran fine in the KIDD receiver, but not the case. I think your description of the JWH bolt being too tall and/or too wide is the more likely explanation. I will be taking measurements.

Doug
Old 09-16-2021, 09:45 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
One or more of those factors in the Ruger receiver might be the problem if the bolt ran fine in the KIDD receiver, but not the case. I think your description of the JWH bolt being too tall and/or too wide is the more likely explanation. I will be taking measurements.

Doug
Just sayin, the too fat jwh runs fine in my ruger, but not in the ka. Tolerance stacking? So i can understand the kidd being too tight, but a ruger? Thats gotta be one fat bolt!
Old 09-16-2021, 10:43 PM
Horsefly

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Well heck I just received a JWH bolt for my grandson build. I've hand cycled it a few time without issue, but haven't run any rounds through it yet. It's sittin' in a Ruger receiver....hope I don't see any issues.

Like Cracked.....I have several of the JWH bolts when they were liquidating.....Hope they decide to run well!
Old 09-17-2021, 12:25 AM
Horsefly

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Flys Alot, You mentioned that they used 4 of you proprietary designs....since JWH used them would you mind sharing with us what those deigns were? I'd love to learn something here that I may be able to incorporate when I'm modifing a OEM or aftermarket bolt?

Always looking for a good mod!

Last edited by DrGunner; 09-17-2021 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Request
Old 09-17-2021, 08:14 AM
Indigo22

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I ordered and received a competition bolt and charging handle from JWH in June/July for my Charger. Receiver is stock Ruger. I also got a bolt buffer in my package that I didn't know was included. Bolt runs great. The Charger now has fewer finicky ammo issues as well.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:50 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Probably 99% of them work great, mine do, but for the small % that donít, and every company makes mistakes, they dont have the customer support that they should have.