Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-20-2020, 11:13 AM
havefun

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEyes View Post
I've never seen a plastic trigger blade on a 597, mine all seem to be MIM
Aw, shoot! Just tested mine with a magnet, and it's MIM, too. See how misinformation gets started .
Old 12-20-2020, 11:22 AM
havefun

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Could the "up and down" linkage direction be part of the problem?
Old 12-20-2020, 01:14 PM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by havefun View Post
Could the "up and down" linkage direction be part of the problem?
Yes, that pivot joint I am pointing to with pen is supposed to only bend up. There is a folded over tab that keeps it from bending down provided there is a lock collar to hold it together.

I found that a 4-40 nut was a press fit onto the pin. Used a vise to press it on there and then tried to mushroom the end of the pin with a punch and hammer. Also added a tiny drop of red loctite to help secure it. Need to test fire the gun now.

I remember shooting this rifle once when I first got it. It ran okay for a while, but then started having the trigger lock up issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0490.jpg (325.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 12-20-2020, 08:28 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fix looks good. Good luck!
Old 12-20-2020, 11:02 PM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (63)
I was thinking about how a guy could make that little donut piece of metal to repair the linkage. Now I know!
Old 12-25-2020, 11:12 AM
Chris597
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíve got a good linkage in a ďdonor ď trigger that you could have if your fix doesnít work. Just pay shipping.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:36 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 454ho View Post
I found that a 4-40 nut was a press fit onto the pin. Used a vise to press it on there and then tried to mushroom the end of the pin with a punch and hammer. Also added a tiny drop of red loctite to help secure it. Need to test fire the gun now.
Get to test it yet?
Old 01-01-2021, 09:42 AM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Not yet. Was planning to go to the shooting range Wednesday but that norther blew in right as I started to load the truck. It's a 45 minute drive each way for me, so decided against it. Firing line faces west so I would have had blowing rain in my face at 40 degree temps. Would not have been a fun day.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 60 degrees with light wind. I've got 5 rifles and my range box all packed and ready to go.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:33 PM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Got back from the range a little bit ago. Rifle functioned fine with both mini-mag and SV. Just took it apart to check the 'repair' and the nut is still in place. Going to clean it up and list it on the local gun trader site tomorrow. What does a plain Jane gray tuperware stock rifle with no iron sights usually go for these days? I was thinking of asking for $125 and maybe get a quick sale on it.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:37 AM
454ho

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Response from Remington

Thought I should share this with you guys.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting RemArms, LLC,

RemArms, LLC. is a newly formed entity that acquired the Remington firearms division from Remington Outdoors Company. We are working diligently to obtain all necessary regulatory licenses and become operational. RemArms will be producing Remington branded firearms soon at the historic Ilion, NY facility where Remington has been produced for more than 200 years. We expect to have our website, www.remarms.com. online very soon and production of legacy Remington firearms is on track to begin in early 2021.

Due to the nature of the acquisition, RemArms LLC. is unable to service existing Remington firearms or honor any warranty offered by the Remington Outdoors Company. As a show of our commitment to the Remington brand and its customers, once we become fully operational ,we will do what we can to assist in resolving issues you may have with Remington product purchased through the Remington Outdoors Company.

We hope you appreciate the constraints that limit our ability to take care of firearms or other products made prior to the RemArms LLC acquisition of Remington firearms from the Remington Outdoors Company. In the future we will service product produced by RemArms, utilizing the highest standards available.

Please do not send your firearms to any Remington facility or repair center. If a firearm or other product is shipped to either Remington or a repair center, the delivery will be rejected.

Please contact [email protected] for information regarding service for your current Remington firearm.

Thank you for your understanding and support of Remington firearms, America's oldest gunmaker since 1816.
Bold emphasis added by me. Good luck getting you Remington firearms serviced.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:16 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the Rem info 454.

I'm kinda reluctant to give any advice per selling your rifle what with the repair and how well it may hold up or not. If you make a potential buyer aware of of the repair the $125 wouldn't be a bad price IMO.