Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Winchester 555 Bulk Pack - Found a couple boxes.

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BIGKILLA 
#1 ·
Many of you may remember a thread I had many months ago about how horrible Winchester 555 and 333 (same stuff different pack size) was. Back then I had two boxes of 333's I picked up at Wally World and was getting around 18% failure rate which was due to rounds being made with no primer in the case. I swore then I wouldn't buy anymore.

Well, as fate would have it, I stumbled upon two more boxes of 555's at Wally World a few weeks back and about a week ago I got some time to do some plinking with a couple .22's and used some of this ammo. I have to say it was a great improvement over the last batch I purchased. If it wasn't for the scarce ammo here in Virginia I would have passes but some ammo is better than no ammo.

So, I just wanted to state all went well this trip. No failures to fire at all which was a pleasant surprise after my earlier experience and decent accuracy for bulk-packed ammo. I took my nephew with me and between the two of us we just about emptied one of the two boxes.

Here are a couple targets I was shooting at to show the decent accuracy.

See less See more
#5 ·
I had such horrible luck with FTE, FTF, ect with 333 that when I saw 555 sitting on a stocking cart at the store this morning I turned around and went the other way.

I have a box of 222 pack I'll try some day to see if WW bulk pack is dead to me.

#7 ·
I had such horrible luck with FTE, FTF, ect with 333 that when I saw 555 sitting on a stocking cart at the store this morning I turned around and went the other way.

I have a box of 222 pack I'll try some day to see if WW bulk pack is dead to me.
Yeah, I have a quite a few boxes of the 333 and have had a pretty high FTE ratio with them and the fact that they are not very accurate. And this is from a bolt gun. They get stuck in the chamber.

#6 ·
I haven't seen any of the bulk Winchester stuff for sale around here in many years and the only bulk Winchester I have is from before the craziness started. I am down to just over a brick left but it was almost 100% in my Smith & Wesson M&P 15-.22.

Needless to say it didn't shoot as accurately out of that as the pictured result of the Ruger 77/22 target. Nice shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.