Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:38 AM
Bob58

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SWFA Super Sniper 20X scope still OK?

I have two of these Super Sniper fixed 20 power scopes from SWFA on two very accurate 22 rimfire rifles. They have performed very well, and a box test I shot at 50 yards, at 10 different scope vertical / height settings, showed extremely good performance, returning to within about an eighth of an inch of the first group after all of the different scope settings - which made the individual groups range over almost 3 feet vertically, and nearly 2 feet horizontally prior to returning to the first elevation and windage settings. These two scopes were purchased about 8 years ago, and I have been very happy with them.

But I purchased another SS 20X scope a couple of years ago, and had repeatability problems with the elevation. Sent it back to SWFA, and they replaced it without questions. But the replacement, while better, still had problems.

SWFA's website now shows a 20X fixed power Super Sniper scope, with a really good new reticle, that has both horizontal and vertical 1 MOA marks on the crosshairs. I just purchased an Anschutz 1710 heavy barrel (realization of a multi-year dream!), and want to put a fixed power scope on it for shooting at various distances (I shoot 22 RF out to 400 yards).

Can anybody provide experience-based feedback on the SWFA 20X SS scope with the new reticle?

Alternatively, can anybody provide suggestions for a fixed power scope, with at least 50 MOA vertical adjustment and focus down to 50 yards, that has very repeatable elevation / windage adjustments, and would help me realize the accuracy potential of the Anschutz? I think it should be at least 16 power, and 20 or 24 (but not greater - often have mirage where I shoot) would be preferable.

Thanks for any help provided.

Bob H
Old 12-10-2019, 01:06 PM
tickridger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob58 View Post

Can anybody provide experience-based feedback on the SWFA 20X SS scope with the new reticle?

Alternatively, can anybody provide suggestions for a fixed power scope, with at least 50 MOA vertical adjustment and focus down to 50 yards,

Bob H
Not yet Bob. I just received my SWFA 20x SS the other day. I plan to put it on a 6mm AI Rem for a little reach out and touch em. Was happy to see these scopes are made in Japan which gives me a bit more confidence.

John
Old 12-10-2019, 08:20 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you are meaning the MOA-QUAD reticle I've updated a lot of my older models to it. I still think it's one of the best scopes for the money for our long-range rimfire matches.

Love the floating dot and 130 moa of travel, all track and function perfectly. I have 50moa mounts on most of my rimfires and use nearly all the travel the scope has to offer with no problems.

They are touchy and cause some problems for shooters not used to the tight eye box needed to see perfectly thru it. Sometimes the sun may cause a slight greying when it hits the perfect angle but a couple minutes later it's gone.

Topstrap