want some Silhouette targets I - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I'm blessed to have resources/equipment to make my own targets/racks and always dreaming up new challenging ones.

In all the years I've had them I've never had a round come back to the benches even from the 25 yard rack. But, mine are 1/4" and swing with a very slight angle that allows the bullet to be directed down.

Usually ricochets result from a too heavy target, one that isn't angled downward or isn't smooth steel. I do get the occasional ricochet from edge hits so that has to be considered when setting up to be shot and containing them from leaving your shooting area.

Everyone likes a reactive target, the falling or swinging when hit along with the ding is a big part of the fun. To me poking holes in paper gets old real fast after the initial testing for accuracy thing.

Liability has become a major part of our society and has to be considered with any part of shooting our guns. Eye and ear protection along with a safe shooting range and targets has to be well thought out to make for a fun outing with no accidents.

Hard to change people's opinions about steel targets especially older paper target guys that rule the range. Good luck in your search.

Before I forget, a buddy used to borrow my falling plate racks for his pistol matches. Club got worried about richochets and had him make thick rubber targets to replace the steel. Really bad idea, those 9mm and 45 bullets were bouncing back like crazy. I'd be careful about thick rubber for close rimfire targets.

Topstrap
Old 12-10-2019, 08:20 PM
CamP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice home range Topstrap. It's a little prettier than mine, which is still a work in progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190926_140010_1576027202212.jpg (309.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-10-2019, 10:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice, it's easy to take having a place to shoot for granted and forget how difficult it is for some to get out for a quick ammo test or just having a group of friends getting together for some fun shooting.

I always invite others to bring their rimfires to try it out. Gotta keep our shooting sports alive.

Topstrap

Last edited by Topstrap44; 12-11-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:44 AM
pdeal

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I would like to toss in a recommendation for the targets that Greg Chandler sells. His are cast and very robust. I have only some chickens. I think these are the original NRA official targets.

http://ncsilhouette.com/products/