Earnest? - Page 49 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:04 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Al, this is more important, about the crab cakes tomorrow, mom always broke a slice of Italian bread into the cakes, think I'll use panko this time. just like tommy smother, mom always like me best. I'll bet most folks on here are to young and have no idea what the smother brothers were, they almost got banned from tv...lol..marty
Old 01-16-2021, 10:23 AM
bob finger

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Smothers Brothers? Hell I was middle aged then. Captain Kangaroo and Howdy Doody, now that brings us back to youth Marty....or are you too young or too old to remember those?

This one is for us old farts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXtR-CaK6p4

HNY bob
Old 01-18-2021, 08:57 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Heckle & Jeckle toons I used to watch wouldn't be allowed on tv now.
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2021, 11:08 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob finger View Post
Smothers Brothers? Hell I was middle aged then. Captain Kangaroo and Howdy Doody, now that brings us back to youth Marty....or are you too young or too old to remember those?

This one is for us old farts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXtR-CaK6p4

HNY bob
Bob, some of it. I do recall being below newton Hamilton when I told Omar not to get behind me as I was casting, only to here a splash where he fell in with our only packs of lucky strikes.....dried them off on the river rocks. ain't life funny. kids could not do today what we did as teenagers, they just couldn't.....marty
Old 01-20-2021, 12:53 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Bob, my favorite song of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a10aowRXWA0
I know your not far from the jersy shore, we mostly stayed at wildwood crest. for a nickle on the trolly you could get to atlantic city, for a dime cape may. a great time for a kid
Old 01-22-2021, 09:21 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al, sometimes just 5 or6 others a dozen where we had this ritual the day after Christmas we went trout fishing in one of the limestone streams between state college and lock haven. always caught fish, sometimes a few very large ones. did that for well over 20 years, time always is changing...marty
Old 01-22-2021, 09:48 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al, maybe tomorrow I'll tell about this fishing trip just below this fellas place. anyone that fished kettle creek back then can remember this. he had a white 3 story home, pines in the front yard. his house was just above the 2nd bridge. this fella was at the altoona va center. for awhile, the stories were in fish, fur and feathers and a few other magazines. marty
https://pawilds.com/slim-croyle-pa-w...eer-whisperer/

Last edited by earnest; 01-22-2021 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:47 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Slim was quite the swell character alright.
The deer I fed tasted pretty good but none of the does or fawns would come any closer than 7 paces.

Thats the trouble with trail cameras, I knew there was a better one around and I let this shooter walk.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1611456204
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 756EC135-A465-41F3-BD25-CB750FBA2A09_1_105_c.jpeg (124.1 KB, 96 views)
Old 01-25-2021, 11:18 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al, it's the journey, not the finish.....that's just the way it is! marty
Old 01-26-2021, 12:04 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al, about that fishing trip to kettle creek, Jim and I from 5or 6 were best friends, thru a lot, I mean a lot. I have a few scars, more or less with our time. Jim joined the Marines, me off to school. Jim came home from Viet Nam before trout season the 2nd saturday in april, my brother Chuck was not with us. we rented a pace arrow and off to logan branch early friday. later several other motor home pulled in. between where we camped and the stream was a railroaid spur for the grain elevators and such. well sometimes late that evening a few tables along with lanterns were placed in the middle of the railroad tracks. played cards all night,no one slept. fished at 5am, my brother Chuck came home later that week, and the one thing he wanted to do was go fishing. so plans where made for a camping trip to crossforks, home of one of the best trout streams, kettle creek, weather for next week was ok in the 50's or so, only not to stay that way..........marty
Old 01-26-2021, 12:13 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al. about the fishing trip, or for that matter, everyone knows you pack bacon, eggs, bacon, butter, bacon, canned potatos, bacon, bread and more bacon. better catch fish or harvest something otherwise the bacon don't quite cut it. marty
Old 01-26-2021, 12:24 AM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
about my age, everyone used Woolrich products, myself I had a short and long coat and pants. that long coat when wet felt like 50lbs, never got cold. Woolrich, in Lock Haven, Pa was the product of the day. times change.....marty

w
Old 01-27-2021, 11:09 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
monday, got the 3rd cervical injection spread out over 3 or 4 months, don't mind the lower back or knee injections, but these in the neck are a pain. might need to shave twice a day, before today felt like I was on fire...lol... darned if you do, darned if you don't...marty
Old 01-28-2021, 09:10 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Had 3 series of spinal injections in a futile pursuit of pain relief. The latest doc reiterated the bottom 3 vertebrae should be fused, however I wouldn't be able to bathe or dress myself. Nursing home talk there.

Shot another gray Tubby squirrel @ the feeder yesterday. pop plop. Don't think any last stop hotels allow that.
Old 01-29-2021, 11:59 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Al, have had the bakers dozen surgeries, 13. been fused on c 3 thru 7. humpty dumpty put back together again. have no idea how many roid shots the past few years, just tired of shaving twice a day....might not have done all the stupid things back then that are a result of today....sure seem like fun and a good idea then...youth and age with experience, wisdom don't happen at the same time...marty

ps: prolly would not have done one thing different.....what the hay