HARD to takedown new MK iv - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:39 AM
Utjeep

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
HARD to takedown new MK iv

I have a new Tactical (40150). Pushing the button in does seem to release the barrel but then it takes quite a bit of downward pressure to remove the barrel from grip assembly. Iím not sure if this is a break in issue or a problem. Re assembly is no problem. The gun is cocked, safety on and button held in while I try to disassemble.
Thank you for any help or ideas.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:46 AM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It sounds like it's binding somewhere. Try to take it apart a few more times but I'd call Ruger and ask if you can send it back to them on their dime. You don't want to break anything.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:16 AM
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MK 4

I just happen to have a mk4 tactical. I donít quite under stand your problem. When I take mine apart I grip the back of the receiver and pull up while pushing in on the disassembly button. What are you pushing down on?ó- the end of the barrel. I would much rather have one thatís too tight than one thatís loose.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:41 AM
Bdwbiggdogg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have you racked the bolt before u push the button ?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2021, 01:07 PM
Utjeep

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes the bolt has been pulled back. The gun is cocked and safety is on. I guess I expected the gun to separate easily when the button is pushed. I have to apply a fair amount of effort to separate after pushing the button. Not impossible just takes some force. The gun functions fine, just harder to separate than I expected. I do agree that I would rather have it snug to take apart rather than loose.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
When I first got my MKIV 10Ē it was the same way. It took about a week and then it just started properly. I must have broke it down 100 times during that period.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:13 AM
Utjeep

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After more examination of my gun, it looks like when the button is pushed in, the part of the button that interfaces with the frame doesnít quite clear it to allow easy disassembly. I think with continued breakdown at some point they will wear themself in and allow easy takedown. (I hope!)