Whatís your technique for adjusting parallax? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-28-2021, 07:19 AM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Whatís your technique for adjusting parallax?

I know itís a very basic setting when preparing to maximize your potential at making precise shots on a given target. Yet itís something that can be easily misjudged also, while having a severe impact when not performed correctly. This is also something I havenít come across to be explained in detail when reading various bench rest topics.

I have my novice technique of setting up on a target from a steady rest, adjusting the AO to the targetís range coursely with the AO settings, then working on a fine adjustment by looking through scope at target and making small AO adjustments in either direction while slightly canting my head left/right against the cheek weld, simultaneously looking for any movement of the target relative to the retical to stop. When it does, thatís where I leave the AO.

Is there a better or more precise method?
Old 05-28-2021, 02:17 PM
2500X
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's the way I do it.
Old 05-28-2021, 02:33 PM
Todd-67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is pretty much what I do as well. I get it close with the settings mark on the scope and then move my head around slightly with the rifle stationary to see if I get any target shift. Knowing my scopes it's a pretty quick process.

I guess I would ask the same question. Is there a better more precise way of doing it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement