Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-10-2021, 07:41 AM
crankythunder

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Seecamp 32 ACP

Hi Guys:

got a line on a Seecamp 32 ACP that I am thinking about purchasing.

never shot one, actually never owned a 32 acp before, and never shot a Seecamp before.

Observations? Recommendations? Thoughts?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Crankster
Old 01-10-2021, 07:53 AM
Bottom Gun
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
If the price is right, get it. They are good quality pistols.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:25 AM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A friend at the range has one that he shoots frequently. They are very well made guns which they should be as they are expensive. He did have a problem recently with the slide coming off and sent it back to the manufacturer. They repaired it quickly and he had it back at the range last Wednesday. He said it was working perfectly now. They are tiny and so hard to shoot very accurately but that is not their function, They are really for concealed carry and defensive use at short distances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2021, 09:00 AM
SquirrelBlaster
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As good as it gets quality wise, but from my understanding you can't shoot plain FMJ in them so that has always kept me from buying one.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:15 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
As a collectable its a highly desired gun. Basically a custom shop quality gun. As a shooter, dao 11.5 lb trigger pull , basically no sights. And if its like my NAA Guardian, not pleasant to shoot.

If your looking for a carry gun , imho the Ruger LCP in 380, is a better choice. Or in 32 acp the Keltec.

But as for wow factor, yeah Id buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:32 AM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelBlaster View Post
As good as it gets quality wise, but from my understanding you can't shoot plain FMJ in them so that has always kept me from buying one.
I'll have to ask my friend about this next week. As far as I know FMJ rounds is all he shoots out of it but I will confirm this.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:54 AM
4T-GR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seecamp 32ACP was designed around the Winchester Silvertip round. Slightly shorter OAL.

The Seecamp is in its own class. Think I would look for the 380 version.

The Keltec 32 is much lighter & chambers all 32ACP.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:11 PM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
A caution on .32 acp & rimlock.

The .32 acp is a semi-rimmed cartridge. The magazine for almost all of the .32 pistols is designed for the full metal case cartridges which have an overall length longer than almost all of the hollow point cartridges. Using FMJ in the standard magazine is correct. Using the shorter HP ammo, not correct. Can you do it ? Yes. But, you could get rimlock and if using the pistol for self defense, could cost you your life. In rimlock, in the magazine, a cartridge gets above and behind a cartridge below. The spring pushes up the cartridges. The slide trying to move ahead to chamber a cartridge can't do so as the projecting rim of the case on top hits the projecting rim of the case below and you have a stoppage. On the P-32 Kel-Tec they used to offer a wire to be placed inside the magazine to shorten the space allowing for better stacking of the shorter HP ammo. So the lesson here is to use ammo appropriate to the gun. If you really want, load a HP in the chamber and follow with all FMJ. But this is about a wimpy a cartridge as you can get and you need penetration to reach the place where killing occurs. And you can't count on the velocities to cause a HP to open anyway. The European FMJ is loaded a bit hotter than the American ammo. FYI, I carry a P-32 Kel-Tec all the time and feel comfortable doing so.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:06 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4T-GR View Post
Seecamp 32ACP was designed around the Winchester Silvertip round. Slightly shorter OAL.

Yes to all of this, many UC Officers prized these for deep cover guns, care in loading the magazines takes care of the rimlock issue at least in my experience. My P32 thrives on a diet of Speer Gold Dots.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:13 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
David is correct. The short barrels do not give enough velocity for the JHP to expand reliably and if they do expand you don't get sufficient penetration. I have a P32 loaded with fmj in my pocket right now. Consider a lot of people feel 22lr is sufficient and the 32 is bigger than an expanded 22lr.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:03 PM
webfoot56

TPC Rating: 
100% (99)
I agree with what is said here. The 32 ACP in a defensive round is all about penetration to the vitals. Go with a round that is shown to run in your chosen pistol 100% of the time and is accurate enough for your needs.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:04 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:

That is almost true, but I think it is more marketing spin from Seecamp than anything else. The pistol was not designed around the Winchester Silvertip. The pistol was designed based on the Seecamp LWS-25. Accordingly, magazine well real estate is a little tight. The longer FMJ rounds rub on the inside front of the magazine causing feeding issues. The shorter JHP rounds fit the magazine better. The Winchester Silvertip just happened to be the only .32 Auto JHP around at the time. Seecamp also told me the heavier FMJ rounds are "too powerful." I'm guessing they mean the recoil impulse of the heavier 71 grain bullet is too much for the lightweight slide and chamber ring to overcome. I've got an LWS-32 and a stash of original 60 grain Silvertips (the ones with the aluminum-jacketed bullets and roll crimp), and carry the pistol for fun from time to time, but my Ruger LCP II .380 gets a lot more pocket time.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:23 PM
karls42
US Marines Veteran GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:

with mine its a challenge to find anything it will swallow besides Win Silvertips. I cant remember what will work its been years since I fooled with it. A 50 round box of ammo will last a lifetime
Old 02-27-2021, 04:16 PM
Samuel_Hoggson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We have a few. A 3 digit SN .32 was my pocket CCW for decades. The company makes advertising hay out of it beating the more powerful handgun you left on the nightstand. Indeed, took it just about everywhere.

That said, kinda retired it day after I ran into a large sow black bear that was pretty unimpressed with me, as in walking toward me. Yelling couple times finally got it to wander off, but in no particular hurry. Remember thinking to grab the gun only to realize I'd already done so. Friend later asked whether I intended to shoot myself with the little .32....

What Mike_AK said: it should feed other 60 gr HPs. Most long-time LWS folks stocked up on the Silvertips as that was the recommended JHP till recently.

The .32 is very manageable. The .380 is not. Rude about covers it - mine is a safe-queen. JMO, but the .380 is one of those unfortunate cartridges that is too much for light direct blowback guns, but lacks sufficient energy for reliable cycling in recoil guns (locked breech) with less than perfect grip tension and consistency. Almost dread students bringing either type to pistol classes.

We've had Keltec .32s as well. They're decent, but lack an immortal soul.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:42 PM
ayetee

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
....The pistol was not designed around the Winchester Silvertip.
This is most NOT true. "Educated Guessimate" not withstanding, the LWS-32 is most definitely designed around the Winchester Silvertip. If you appreciate quality, Seecamps are made for you. If you just need only utility, then any run of the mill product will suffice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010020.JPG (406.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1010021.JPG (392.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010022.JPG (420.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ayetee; 02-27-2021 at 04:45 PM.