Scorpion Armaments .22lr upper sold by .22 Mods for all - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:57 AM
fly2mike
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scorpion Armaments .22lr upper sold by .22 Mods for all

Hello, I have a dedicated .22lr upper that I purchased from "22 mods for all" a few years ago. I really like it. I just recently have had enough spare time to really start shooting it and tinkering with it. It seems really well made and quite accurate. It supposedly has a CMMG barrel.
My question is; does anyone know who the actual manufacturer is? It appears to look exactly like the Palmetto State Armory and Right to Bear.com stainless bolt carrier. I am thinking about ordering some spare parts for it. Also, it occurs to me that I do not know precisely how to disassemble the bolt for a detailed cleaning.
Any idea who actual manufactures these bolts?
Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:34 AM
9x19

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Those I have purchased from PSA (1) and Right to Bear (2) are CMMG pattern bolt/carriers.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:25 PM
fly2mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the reply!
Can you give a brief description on how to disassemble the bolt?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2021, 12:23 AM
9x19

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
Simple, with the bolt/carrier removed from the upper, slide and hold the bolt to the rear, and spread the two arms holding the collar just a bit until the forward collar comes free, then just slide the bolt and recoil spring forward off the rails.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:45 AM
fly2mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks! I assumed it was something like that, just wasn't sure how to spread those legs
So, I cannot find any information regarding this upper that I have, so I am going to assume that CMMG manufactures these and then markets them under various brand names? This was sold to me as "scorpion Armament" Spitfire .22lr trainer.
I did a search in this forum, and on the web, and nothing comes up.
I just want to buy a few spare parts so I can keep this thing running, it is a lot of fun to shoot.
Thanks for any further advice!
Old 05-17-2021, 08:36 AM
9x19

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
It's quite likely whoever assembled & sold the complete upper bought the internals and the barrel from CMMG.

I've purchased them that way and just assembled them with an upper from Right to Bear... with no gas system involved, they couldn't be any easier to "build".

Good luck.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:50 PM
fly2mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the reply! Seems like I should just be able to order spare parts for a CMMG bolt carrier group.
Maybe I could have saved money by just building one for myself?
A 16" 1/16" twist barrel
SS BCG
Forged upper
M-lock handguard
charging handle
a couple of black Dog mags
What else would a person need?
Old 05-20-2021, 08:11 PM
9x19

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
You'll find a number of knowledgeable folks here who have done that several times over.

Building is easy, when the parts can be found, but right now that can be difficult, especially the barrels.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:38 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just be careful when taking the BCG apart..Do not force anything excessively and bend the rails..Try to find a video showing how to properly do it if unsure..I believe CMMG has one on their website.

I only disassemble mine completely if it needs parts replaced..Easy to thoroughly clean without fully stripping it down.

I would suggest a Bore Buddy firing too..I have one of their protos they sent me for testing, and it has long outlasted the original CMMG life I have got out of the CMMG ones....

If the CMMG BCGs have a flaw..It is the firing pins..I have had lots of breakages..But they do treat you good if they break..But keep atleast one spare around for sure..
Old 05-29-2021, 02:53 AM
fly2mike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info.! The Bore Buddy website is pretty interesting for sure!
I will probably upgrade my AR-22 to make it as reliable and functional as possible. These things are just too much fun. I'm amazed at how well made and accurate it is.