Best Dedicated 22Lr AR-15 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2021, 02:29 AM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Best Dedicated 22Lr AR-15

I have sold my M&P 15-22 and want to upgrade to the best dedicated 22Lr AR-15 I can buy.

My research as brought me to the CMMG Resolute 300 Mk4 .22 LR.

Do not want to build, looking to buy complete rifle. Anything else to consider?
Old 03-17-2021, 04:37 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Why did you sell the M&P?

I was thinking I might pick one up as a plinker.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:52 AM
zukiphile
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick1 View Post
Anything else to consider?
Yes. JPE, Nordic and Rock River, none of which I own. Tippmans are fascinating if you don't need to use a real AR lower. I don't have one of those either.

CMMG is the pattern with the best aftermarket support. After you have the rifle itself and you've chosen a replacement trigger and an optic, you'll only want:

1. a visit to Bore Buddy for extra firing pins and a weight,
2. a visit to ARCatch22 for a last round bolt hold open solution and
3. some 15-22 magazines.

Then you'll only want for ammunition and targets.

Last edited by zukiphile; 03-17-2021 at 07:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2021, 09:29 AM
LoneWolfSS454

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Although not what I'd call "perfection" (mine arrived with a bent recoil spring guide rod, due to poor packaging) I still highly recommend the Rock River Arms LAR-22 A4 National Match Rifle. Accuracy is very good with the right ammo (SK Rifle Match was the best I had and used in mine) thanks to it's 20" stainless steel HBAR (heavy barrel). The upper and lower are both forged aluminum (no plastic as some are), and over all it's a well built, high quality rifle, just like their CF models.
It's not really a review, but I wrote a lot of things about my experiences in this thread:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1192821
On the last page, post #95, you can see some targets shot with the SK RM ammo. Yes they're "cherry picked", but that's due to the crazy unpredictable, ever-changing high winds here in the high desert where I live and shoot.
Link to rifle at RRA:
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....tegory_ID=1992
Last comments (for now), your mileage may vary, but with both rifles I bought from them (the 2nd rifle is a highly accurate LAR-15 A4 Varmint in .223 Wylde), delivery times were very slow, with the LAR-22 being ultra slow. I got the feeling they build each one as they are ordered? Spare parts could be an issue with limited listings at the RRA web site, not that I've needed anything, other than wishing I had a new guide rod (but the original once straightened, has been working fine).

Last edited by LoneWolfSS454; 03-17-2021 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-17-2021, 10:15 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
I have sold my M&P 15-22 and want to upgrade to the best dedicated 22Lr AR-15 I can buy.

My research as brought me to the CMMG Resolute 300 Mk4 .22 LR.

Do not want to build, looking to buy complete rifle. Anything else to consider?
What options are you looking for that the MP 15-22 didnít give you?
Old 03-17-2021, 03:11 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
He probably does not want a plastic Air Soft Rifle that shoots .22 LR, and of a Proprietary design..

As high end as I need is CCMG Parts..Never bought a complete AR22 from them, I am sure they are great though, I prefer to do it my way..So simple to assemble..A Cat could probably even do it.. But have built plenty with their BCGs and Barrels..They are great functioning and plenty accurate too. Will out shoot most peoples abilities..And they are a great Company with great warranty and service..

Pic of one my latest I assembled with a CMMG BCG and CMMG dedicated 22 barrel.

Has a nice touch on this one too..It is Binary and a blast to shoot so to speak. Runs flawless, even in Binary mode..In my opinion I do not know how you could best flawless..

Last edited by carbineone; 03-17-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-17-2021, 04:43 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Carbine one nice gun hereís my home brew dedicated CMMG bolt and barrel. Your right about putting one together. For me it is more like playing than work.

7B951B73-ED5A-49B2-BD82-62CE592AF311.jpg
Old 03-17-2021, 05:49 PM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks

Very nice..That looks like that little Bugger might be extra fun with Binary also..
Old 03-17-2021, 09:27 PM
cleatis1234
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I built this on a Polymer 80 lower, with RTB (CMMG rebranded from what I've read), and it's been perfect.

Uses the Booniepacker Better Mag Adapter for S&W M&P magazines, and the Bore Buddy bolt weight, Taccom ULW buttstock, and KVP carbon fiber handguard, and the RTB parts (PCC upper receiver, bolt & 16" pencil barrel).

LIGHT AR 22.jpg
Old 03-18-2021, 12:21 AM
Quick1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Why did you sell the M&P?

I was thinking I might pick one up as a plinker.
Loved it, it was a great rifle to start with, but want to upgrade to a higher quality gun.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:27 AM
Quick1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
Yes. JPE, Nordic and Rock River, none of which I own. Tippmans are fascinating if you don't need to use a real AR lower. I don't have one of those either.

CMMG is the pattern with the best aftermarket support. After you have the rifle itself and you've chosen a replacement trigger and an optic, you'll only want:

1. a visit to Bore Buddy for extra firing pins and a weight,
2. a visit to ARCatch22 for a last round bolt hold open solution and
3. some 15-22 magazines.

Then you'll only want for ammunition and targets.
Thanks for the recommendations, will check those out. Won't need a new trigger, already comes with a Geissele SSA 2-STAGE and plan to use a Aimpoint PRO. Tracking on the mags and ARCatch22, but will check out the Bore Buddy. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2021, 12:29 AM
Quick1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rep1954 View Post
What options are you looking for that the MP 15-22 didnít give you?
All metal, higher quality, able to use after market AR parts.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:31 AM
Quick1

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis1234 View Post
I built this on a Polymer 80 lower, with RTB (CMMG rebranded from what I've read), and it's been perfect.

Uses the Booniepacker Better Mag Adapter for S&W M&P magazines, and the Bore Buddy bolt weight, Taccom ULW buttstock, and KVP carbon fiber handguard, and the RTB parts (PCC upper receiver, bolt & 16" pencil barrel).

Attachment 249659
Nice, looks like a good steel gun!
Old 03-18-2021, 01:21 AM
cleatis1234
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis1234 View Post

Attachment 249659
Nice, looks like a good steel gun!
Thanks, that's what it's used for.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:14 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfSS454 View Post
Although not what I'd call "perfection" (mine arrived with a bent recoil spring guide rod, due to poor packaging) I still highly recommend the Rock River Arms LAR-22 A4 National Match Rifle. Accuracy is very good with the right ammo (SK Rifle Match was the best I had and used in mine) thanks to it's 20" stainless steel HBAR (heavy barrel). The upper and lower are both forged aluminum (no plastic as some are), and over all it's a well built, high quality rifle, just like their CF models.
It's not really a review, but I wrote a lot of things about my experiences in this thread:
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1192821
On the last page, post #95, you can see some targets shot with the SK RM ammo. Yes they're "cherry picked", but that's due to the crazy unpredictable, ever-changing high winds here in the high desert where I live and shoot.
Link to rifle at RRA:
https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....tegory_ID=1992
Last comments (for now), your mileage may vary, but with both rifles I bought from them (the 2nd rifle is a highly accurate LAR-15 A4 Varmint in .223 Wylde), delivery times were very slow, with the LAR-22 being ultra slow. I got the feeling they build each one as they are ordered? Spare parts could be an issue with limited listings at the RRA web site, not that I've needed anything, other than wishing I had a new guide rod (but the original once straightened, has been working fine).
That looks interesting. I'm getting close to retirement and am a member of a club that does CMP on it's 200-600 yard range. I shot CMP 20+ years ago with my Garand. I built a service rifle (white oak upper on a rock river lower) but my work schedule got in the way. I went over to the RRA site and came up with this.

22LR NM A4 Upper Half
Item#: 22L0798 $685.00

RRA Match Carry Handle Assembly
Item#: AR0052CNMASYX
Options: NM 1/2x1/2, .040 Hooded Aperture
$165.00

RRA NM Detachable Front Sight
Item#: AR0160NM
$43.00

.22LR 10 Round Magazine
Item#: 22L0116
$23.00
$23.00

Subtotal:
$916.00

Definitely not cheap, I want to be able to shoot irons, and use a scope that isn't up on a carry handle.

Some one needs to talk me down, show me a better deal, or tell me get after it.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.

Last edited by Szumi; 03-18-2021 at 04:27 PM.