Old 03-11-2021, 06:24 PM
TacomaSlim

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Clark bushings in stock.

Just ordered one of each!
Old 03-12-2021, 10:31 AM
Captdave221
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Back in stock.....

I am glad you posted this. Iíve been wanting these for a couple of years now. Order 3 of them.

Thanks again for the heads-up!!!!
Old 03-14-2021, 05:35 AM
HIghstandardguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
+1, me too. got some ordered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2021, 10:07 AM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIghstandardguy View Post
+1, me too. got some ordered.
+2
Old 03-14-2021, 10:35 AM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
+3

Been a long wait. These are just the best. I do wish they would also make oversize sear pins though. The hammer pin fit is amazing.
Old 03-14-2021, 03:57 PM
Empe

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Will these also work in the MK III with the magazine disconnect removed ?
Old 03-14-2021, 05:50 PM
jazzsax8

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
yes

Went to buy ONE and $34+ was a hair to steep for me. Would someone like to buy an extra and ship one to me for $28 delivered? My CT trigger seems pretty repeatable below 2#'s.

Last edited by jazzsax8; 03-14-2021 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:17 PM
Empe

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsax8 View Post
Went to buy ONE and $34+ was a hair to steep for me. Would someone like to buy an extra and ship one to me for $28 delivered? My CT trigger seems pretty repeatable at 2#'s.
Yes...$13.50 does seem a bit much for shipping such a small item . Probably costs them about $3.50-$4.00 max.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:49 PM
jazzsax8

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
yes

Makes it closer to reasonable if you are ordering 4 of them and the shipping does not go up. Now for the question.

Has anyone that installed one of these, tested your already excellent trigger (assuming you have at least the VQ trigger/sear combo installed) to determine how badly the trigger pull works from low/high average pull?

Install the Clark bushing and did another test? I am assuming you might not be able to actually feel the difference if there is one. Yes you can feel the tighter tolerance pin installing it but what about the specifics in the "upgrade" related to the actual trigger pull.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:06 PM
Empe

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Makes it closer to reasonable if you are ordering 4 of them and the shipping does not go up. Now for the question.

Has anyone that installed one of these, tested your already excellent trigger (assuming you have at least the VQ trigger/sear combo installed) to determine how badly the trigger pull works from low/high average pull?

Install the Clark bushing and did another test? I am assuming you might not be able to actually feel the difference if there is one. Yes you can feel the tighter tolerance pin installing it but what about the specifics in the "upgrade" related to the actual trigger pull.
I have the Clark pin & bushing that I purchased off ebay a while ago and am considering installing it in my MK III . I have two MK II's one with the VQ Target trigger & sear installed and the other with the VQ sear & a reworked factory trigger and trigger pulls on both are excellent . I'm not sure of the pull weight but both are identical as far as having no creep or over travel just a very crisp release . I was originally going to install the Clark bushing in one of the MK II's but honestly can't see that it would make any difference.
My MK III on the other hand also has the VQ Target trigger & sear but does not have as near a nice trigger pull as either of my MK II's . There is still some creep and the pull is not as crisp as on the MK II models .I may try the Clark hammer pin/bushing in it instead assuming it will fit.

Last edited by Empe; 03-14-2021 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:06 PM
jazzsax8

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
yes

So to be semi-scientific, I just took my Comp Target with yellow wall anchor and trigger pull gauge and did 10 pulls.

Results
24,23,26,23,22,24,23,24,24, and 24 ounces. Tried to put it in the same place centered on the trigger pulling straight up on the gauge. With results this close, I don't think I would want to chance a new bushing even at $15 delivered. Now if my trigger had wobble side to side due to a too small pin, that would be an improvement in actual feel. There is no way I can feel the difference from high 26oz to low 22oz under shooting conditions.

Of course just putting the gauge in a slightly different place on the trigger could easily have produced the variance as well.

Last edited by jazzsax8; 03-14-2021 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 07:09 PM
jazzsax8

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
yes

Empe

You have a great idea going there for the Mark III as I cant imagine they consistently have a trigger near as good as the Mark II. I'm sure it works even though the Clark website advertises the bushing being for the Mark I & II. Mine with just the VQ trigger/sear is spectacular with very little take up, no creep and minor backlash. Its one of the reasons I sold my S&W 41 last year that I had for decades!
Old 03-14-2021, 08:09 PM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I'm sure it works even though the Clark website advertises the bushing being for the Mark I & II.
Might need a Mark II hammer, given the shape of the bushing.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:04 PM
jazzsax8

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
Thanks for the info, I had purchased in error a Sam Lam bushing for a Mark III back when and it installed easily into my Mark II hammer. Of course it generated the creep that I could not live with.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:21 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann
Not really. While it's true that the mk2 bushing will not "support" the mk3 hammer in the cutout area - neither does Ruger's mk3 bushing. A spring just sits in that space.

I don't really know why someone thought that the cutout needed to be supported, thus giving rise to an entire array of aftermarket mk3 bushings. All I know for sure is that every single company that makes mk3 bushings got them wrong. The smaller shoulder diameter creates a LOT of creep - like jazzsax8 found out for himself.

That said, I personally don't like the way Ruger has chopped away at the mk3 & mk4 hammers just to lawyer up these guns. I always replace the chopped up hammers with mk2 hammers and get rid of the lawyer junk.