Club "100" - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:16 PM
Shannon81

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Smooth: I got it when you posted. Made me smile both times.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:21 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, I'm sure I have over my lifetime.
Old 05-13-2021, 09:00 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shannon81

Smooth
Old 05-13-2021, 09:15 PM
Kragman

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Bang bang - just speaking for myself, its never been about having the most toys or anything like that. When I started hunting I was completely happy with my single shotgun and borrowing a .22 rifle from an uncle or my grandfather. When I got older, being in a serious (Camp Perry serious) shooting and machine/toolmaker family got my interest a little fired up, but what really motivates me now is getting experience with a wide variety of guns, mostly rimfires. I really dont have friends with a wide assortment - lots of Marlin 60's and 10/22's but not much else. So if i want to try something like a CZ, its up to me to have my own.
And knowing that every rifle is a little unique in what ammo it likes, and that ANY can prove to be a gem, has turned me into a "romantic" when it comes to .22's.
I always see that potential so I'm a sucker for a .22. I enjoy some of my dirt cheap rifles as much as the (for me) high end stuff.
I happen to know a crusty older guy who is easily past the 100 count point, which is what prompted me to ask the question.
Even though the days of the $50 .22's seem to be over, I figured there had to be some people here who never saw a .22 they wouldn't give a good home to.

I will also say that I have been blessed with a some genuinely accurate rimfires - a pair of 10-22's, all of my CZs so far, a smattering from Savage, Remington, Winchester, Marlin and even Mossberg.
The excitement I get from uncovering another gem never gets old. I hope it never does. And since they show up randomly, there's a little lottery element to the whole thing too.

I only shoot recreationally these days so I'm not using any of mine as barn guns, etc. I'm just trying to play with a bunch of different ones before I die.

And I'll probably never be in Club 100 myself. I expect I'll be downsizing before long myself.