Ruger Bisely Super Blackhawk Hunter in .44 Magnum - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:28 PM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonkeydobad View Post
Yes i have one topped with a leupold 2X it is a great shooting hunting gun.You wont be sorry.If you need load info PM me.-Craig
Sweet!
Old 05-11-2021, 09:39 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Now that's a Horse Pistol!
Old 05-11-2021, 09:40 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, it came in original box with all the Ruger kit, including the rings.

Based on my initial impression of the weight it seems like it would be well matched with a quality red dot. But, I have no clue yet what I'll do.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:17 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No Longer A Fancy Paperweight

While traveling several hours from home this weekend I searched for nearby gun shops and made a few phone calls to see if any had any .44Mag/Special ammo in stock. One shop had just received a shipment of Fiocchi .44Magnum. Limit one box per customer and price $1.18 per round. High, but still better than anything I could find online plus is would add only a 5 minute detour to my trip and I would not have to also pay mark up on shipping.

I had time this morning to clean it. Why don't people clean their firearms before they sell them? I do. Anyway, it did find some lead in the swatches. I assume the previous owner had used unjacked ammo.

My son will be getting leave for Memorial Day Weekend so I hope we'll have time to zero and a shoot few rounds down range.

Curious about you guys who hunted with these and what range you set the irons and scope?
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Bradical; 05-23-2021 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Found receipt
Old 05-23-2021, 03:48 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post

I had time this morning to clean it. Why don't people clean their firearms before they sell them? I do. Anyway, it did find some lead in the swatches. I assume the previous owner had used unjacked ammo.

Curious about you guys who hunted with these and what range you set the irons and scope?
Nice

I shoot .357 mag, and 44 Special for offhand silhouette matches at 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards. There are others shooting 44 mag, and 45. Just about everyone shoots theirs in for 20 yards, and their still hitting at 50 yards.

The previous owner may have been shooting cast. Use a light and look at the barrel and cylinder. Might be more lead in there. No bigy if there is.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:18 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
Nice

I shoot .357 mag, and 44 Special for offhand silhouette matches at 20, 30, 40, and 50 yards. There are others shooting 44 mag, and 45. Just about everyone shoots theirs in for 20 yards, and their still hitting at 50 yards.

The previous owner may have been shooting cast. Use a light and look at the barrel and cylinder. Might be more lead in there. No bigy if there is.
Huh. That's interesting. For irons out to fifty that may make sense. Of course, the ammo used will affect things a bit. This Fiocchi is 200g. and moving relatively fast compared to factory loads of 230g of semi-jacketed soft points.

If I do scope it, I suspect I should be able to accurately reach out to 100 yards, if my hold could be well supported while in the field.

I did get my bore light out to check my work. There wasn't much, but getting what I did made me believe cast bullets were used at some point too.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:24 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
And, btw, WOW! The trigger is really good. No perceptible creep, crisp and it measured and average pull weight of 2lbs 9oz.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fire Sights Installed

I have come to really appreciate these Fire Sights in the field on my Single Six. Ruger offers a 20% discount for "new owners" and it doesn't matter if it's new or used. Sweet. It was a simple swap and they really light up. They are a great in low light and dark backgrounds.
[IMG][/IMG]