Old 05-05-2021, 12:34 PM
Frankl03
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empe View Post
Anybody ?
I had a Mk III hunter/blued, I installed the VQ trigger, sear, sear spring and the Clark MK II hammer bushing. I also tried a different MK II hammer bushing (VQ I think)

The Clark hammer bushing worked great while the other one I tried did not work so well. It (the Clark) produced a really great trigger that was light and crisp.

The combo above worked great and of course I took out the mag disconnect.

I know longer have the MK III but recently picked up a Mk II gov target. I just installed the VQ trigger, sear, sear spring and VQ Mk II hammer bushing. After the install I adjusted the trigger pre travel and over travel. The trigger is under a lbs and really nice.

Its a joy to shoot!
Old 05-08-2021, 05:53 AM
HIghstandardguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I called and they seemed a little embarrassed but somehow they had misplaced my order. They FedExed it to me that day. WOW!
Old 05-29-2021, 06:55 PM
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ordered one and it made it to me in TWO DAYS to SE Virginia. Hard to get much quicker than that. Thanks for the heads up TacomaSlim. I've been putting off upgrades long enough on this pistol. VQ sear should be here tomorrow as well.

Just curiosity.... how has fit been for everyone? I pulled mine out today and it fits fine, slips right in without any freezing or such. The hammer could rotate on it, but there isn't any slop at all. Much tighter than the original for sure.

I didn't test fit the pin as my stocker is really snug. If it needs any work I'll find out soon when I do the sear. I can't imagine that the Clark will fit on the right side if it's any larger than the stocker... it takes some precise alignment to get that one in. If the diameter seems more snug in the bushing I'll fit it.

I've seen varied opinions on using Loctite or similar if the bushing can rotate in the hammer. I'm still on the fence on that issue. But I've also seen varied results with factory hammer tolerances, so I'm curious how the fit has been for others.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:15 PM
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Surprised nobody has answered on this one, with as many people jumped on the bushings and pins.

Got mine in, along with the VQ sear. I was wrong about the pin, it was tighter than the stock one. So tight I had to do a tiny bit of work to get it to fully seat on the right hand side.

I'm still on the fence about using Loctite or not. I'll think about it after I shoot it. The bushing does take out all the slop for sure.

I did have one issue, and I might email Clark about it. The bushing is just ever so slightly long... enough that it puts pressure on the safety and makes the safety hard to use. I THINK at least... it's possible the tighter pin changes the geometry slightly and forces the ball detent back harder into the frame opening, since the pin now has no slop.

Double checked the install, and it goes away with the stock bushing back in. Checked for any hangs, gunk, anything on the frame or safety, and they are all in good shape. I found mention on another forum about other possible causes but ruled those out as well. The trigger bar moves freely, and everything functions fine. It seems that if the bushing was too tight it would be easy to notice, the the trigger bar has a lot more surface area, where the safety would put all the pressure right at the pivot point. I guess I'll confirm or deny this as the cause with the bushing installed without the hammer, then check it out.