Enhanced view and screen loading. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-03-2021, 01:06 PM
TD1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Enhanced view and screen loading.

I have been participating with RFC with two different devices, one being an iPad and the othwr being an iPhone.

With both devices why does it take forever for this website to load? The main view/screen will load relatively quick, but then there is an additional five seconds plus before the screen stops jumping around with additional advertisements/vendors also loading onto the screen/view.

Also with regards to my iPhone, I use the non-enhanced view but everyso often and more so to the point it is very bothersome, this website keeps pushing the use of the enhanced view. This goes to the point to the enhanced view gets automatically selected at times. I do not want the enhanced view and do not see what is so enhanced about anyway.

So why does it take so long for everything to load and be viewable sans the delay and causing the screen to jump thus causing selecting a sub forum that I don't want. Also how do I keep the standard view ie non-enhanced view from showing up when I don't want it as I am find it very tiresome to keep replying that I don't want the enhanced view?

Last edited by TD1; 05-03-2021 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:27 PM
skywag
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It is, without doubt, an iThing. Just feel lucky it isn't sideways or up-side-down
Old 05-03-2021, 02:19 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
I run a fleet of i things and do not experience such, suspect it may be as much a Carrier problem/quirk as anything. I Phone, I Pad, MacBook Air and iMac all very quick but then I'm running on a 234 Mbps Carrier.
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2021, 02:42 PM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Try a different browser. I recommend Chrome.

(Although I just checked - I don't use my iPad or iPhone for web browsing, but neither had any issue with this site using either Safari or Chrome. I have 1Gbps broadband but I turned off WiFi and used cellular, no issue there either.)
Old 05-29-2021, 05:04 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No issues loading or whatnot with a Mac laptop TD.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I have Android devices and prefer Chrome, and occasionally the "Enhanced View" will either load itself or try to prompt you to switch to it. I HATE ENHANCED VIEW. Hate hate hate hate! It isn't enhanced in any way, it's horrible and needs done away with permanently and immediately. Whoever designed that skin was talking to colleagues and they schemed to see to which one could come up with a way to make the site totally unusable garbage, just in case there was ever a reason to drive away all of the users.
Old 06-12-2021, 08:27 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Did it again, switched to Enhanced Mobile skin between classifieds and the main index page.