Anyone Ever Take A PD With A .458? (Just Half Kidding) - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2021, 10:37 AM
carbonbased
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Is this a “fun” or “always wanted” sort of gun? I definitely have have some of those!

Or is this going to be your main PD shooter, with lots of dead PDs being the goal?

If the latter, are you a high volume shooter, and what sort of support are you shooting off of?

I ask because No 1s seem like they would be a pain to shoot from a rest upon a table. I reckon it would be similar to a lever action’s lever hitting the table when operated? But maybe shooting sticks are your rest.

As far as caliber: if you’re shooting “newb” PDs, or ones that haven’t been shot at much, a 22 Hornet is fine as the distances can be sub-200yds. In those circumstances I use a silenced 22LR with subsonic ammo. The other scenario I run into is the more cagey PDs only offering 300yd+ shots. For this I use a 19 pound .204 Rem 700 and shoot of a bench. This setup allows me to see the hits.

But if a fun/always wanted gun is what you’re after, toss my advice into the circular file and listen to your heart. One needs fun in one’s life!

Last edited by carbonbased; 05-01-2021 at 10:49 AM.