FTF - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-25-2021, 04:26 PM
mac11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Angry FTF

I bought a new stainless takedown it worked fine with the 10 round mag but I had trouble getting the first round to feed out of the BX25 after a second attempt at racking the bolt I was usually able to chamber a round and then it ran fine after that. My problem started when I upgraded to an extended charging handle the bolt seemed a little more tight but the gun worked after some time on the range I took it apart and cleaned it and strangely enough I couldn't get the trigger group to seat in the receiver properly the forward pin would not line up with the hole correctly I pushed on the trigger group hard enough to get the pin in but the bolt would not cycle it was binding on the top of the trigger group after a lot of inspection I figured out the bolt is not seating flat in the receiver when the recoil spring is installed the left side of the the bolt raises up and binds against the left side of the trigger group I put the original charging handle back in and it relieved the binding enough to get the bolt to cycle but when I got the gun back together I could not get a round to feed when racking the bolt it seems when the bolt goes forward it pushes the front of the trigger group down slightly and the mag is no longer properly aligned with the breach causing the round to jam in the breach best I can figure is the firing pin is too high causing a teeter effect when under pressure from the recoil spring causing the left side of the bolt to ride too high binding with the plastic on the edge of the trigger group.I dont know what to do I haven't tried removing the firing pin yet as I don't have the right punch but its a brand new gun that worked fine until I tried to upgrade.It will run with the BX25 if I can get a round chambered it usually take two or three tries and then it seems to run fine after the first round but the factory ten round I can.t get to chamber a round at all I've been working on this thing all weekend I have so much money into it now and it doesn't work I was assured these were great guns I'm so frustrated and disappointed.
Old 04-25-2021, 07:25 PM
Kahless
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did it work right before you started throwing parts at it?
Old 04-25-2021, 09:25 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
First, stop forcing anything! All these parts were designed to slip in and function freeand smooth.

Take it apart, .

The handle goes in first , the rod end should be up against the little nub in the back of the receiver.

Pull handle down about an inch . Hold in place .

Slide bolt in and over handle .

Push down on bolt

While moving handle so it pops into slot.

The bolt should run freely.

Look at top of trigger group. Everthing should be in place. The extractor in its slot,
The pins all in and the bolt release and magazine release and plunger all in place and pinned .

Insert trigger group all pinholes should perfectly line up
Spray everything, including the magazine with Hornady oneshot dri lube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2021, 09:47 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
"I upgraded to an extended charging handle" = which handle/rod assembly?
Old 04-26-2021, 01:09 PM
mac11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It works

I figured it out I dropped the bolt on the counter when I was cleaning it something happened to the firing pin I removed it and re-assembled every thing the mags all function like they did before the ten round mag works perfectly it was a real pain but Ill just have to take it as a good learning experience I guess.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:14 PM
mac11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I figured it out I dropped the bolt on the counter when I was cleaning it something happened to the firing pin I removed it and re-assembled every thing the mags all function like they did before the ten round mag works perfectly it was a real pain but Ill just have to take it as a good learning experience I guess.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:09 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
"I was assured these were great guns I'm so frustrated and disappointed."

Just don't DROP Sh..stuff.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:30 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
The firing pins don't just flop around in a 10/22 bolt. I would guess that when you put it back together the first time something wasn't installed correctly and you didn't realize. We've all been there. A long time ago I had a similar problem with my very first 10/22 I ever owned. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out, and then I realized that I kept installing the trigger group with the ejector upside down.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
The firing pins don't just flop around in a 10/22 bolt. I would guess that when you put it back together the first time something wasn't installed correctly and you didn't realize. We've all been there. A long time ago I had a similar problem with my very first 10/22 I ever owned. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out, and then I realized that I kept installing the trigger group with the ejector upside down.
TruDat Was scratching my head of the FP thang too! Not that.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:41 AM
mac11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Something was preventing the firing pin from seating all the way in the slot of the bolt I don't know if the spring got messed up under it or what but I removed it and put it back in now the top edge of the pin is below the bolts surface I'm not sure what caused it but problem solved I read several threads where people were having a similar problem and no one seemed to have any answers.
Old 04-28-2021, 10:39 AM
GT_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I put a cheap extended bolt handle on one of mine, and it was not machined correctly. Contacted the company, they sent another (at half price) and it didn't work either. Learned my lesson to steer clear of TACBRO on ebay/amazon. Most if not all of their parts are chinese imports, and the clip that held the spring on them flew off, and I had to chase the spring around, also the top profile of the charging handle was not chamfered, it was squared off, and it dragged horribly in my receiver. I pulled it out and threw it away. Waste of money.

Some parts you cannot skimp on. Period.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:16 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked up a 10-22 dirt cheap one time because the guy did not have it assembled correctly. Ran fine when I reassembled it.