Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Scopes on a mkiii

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Exterra1 
#1 ·
Just curious on what scopes people are running on their mark iii's. I had a red dot on mine but my eyes are not the greatest.

#2 ·
I currently have an older Burris 1X Gil Hebard target dot bullseye scope on one of my MKII Rugers. For my 57 year old eyes it presents a sharp clear image. But they are strictly a used market item.

I have used a Leupold 2X with very good results on the same pistol. Super clear scope with a highly defined reticle.

Also a Burris 2X has seen use on various pistols I own - very comparable to the Leupold but with a finer duplex.

#3 ·
scope on ruger 22/45

I have a Nikon force XR 2X20 on my 22/45 lite and it is awesome ! Mounted on rail with rear bell just behind rear sight so I left the stock sights on. note: you cant use the open sights. This is a really fun scope to use, when shooting with the kids its the one they ALL want to use.

#11 ·
Leupold and Simmonds 2x. I had an inexpensive Simmonds variable, but much above 2x the image is too jumpy off hand to be useful for me. I did put a Nikon 3-9 rimfire scope (really a rifle scope) on a Mk II Govt Target to see what it would do at 50 yards.

#12 ·
I use Bushnell 2X6 and Weaver 2.5X8 . I use the lowest setting for shooting off hand and the highest settings for shooting groups from a sand bag for 50 yard grouping.
Friends and I have shooting games shooting at aspirin tablets at 50 yards . Tablets held down by clear tape. 10 tablets , 10 shots and losers buys the winners dinner. No one has hit all 10 yet !:D

#19 ·
Amazing!!!

I think you just answered my question, and by the way, that's one beauty of a Hunter! I love those grips but I'm really confused about the big end at the muzzle of the barrel. I haven't seen that before. I'm finding out something else too, finding scopes for handguns is almost as hard as finding 9mm ammo!

#20 ·
Knob on the end of the barrel is probably a Volquartsen muzzle brake They attach with the front sight screw and have an "O" ring as a gas seal around the barrel.
They do add weight to the end of the barrel as well as mild recoil reduction but also dirty up the end of the barrel pretty bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.