Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:04 AM
golfcarz

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Help me buy correct mag for Woodsman

I have a very late 1st series Woodsman. Serial # 182◊◊◊. Unfortunately the original mag was lost years ago and I never saw it before it was lost. I've seen different markings on the bases of mags for sale. Does anyone know which would be considered correct for mine? Should it say Woodsman or just Colt and 22 Cal? All I'm fairly certain of is it shouldn't be two tone. A picture would be great if possible. I have an aftermarket mag, but I'd really like an original. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:17 AM
oldbird13
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Magazine question

I would check out/google "The Colt Woodsman Pocket Guide" by Bob Rayburn. I own one but also available online with photos and descriptions of magazines, etc. for the different series Woodsman guns. Very good resource for anyone owning a Colt Woodsman.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:02 AM
824tsv
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Member prewoodsman produced a pic with every magazine used by Colt in the Woodsman, with corresponding time frames. I'm sure he will be along shortly to share the image. I've saved the pic but don't want to steal his thunder, but the pic is an excellent resource.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 04:38 PM
skywag
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Late 1st series will be marked:

Old 10-16-2019, 05:41 PM
prewoodsman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarz View Post
I have a very late 1st series Woodsman. Serial # 182◊◊◊. Unfortunately the original mag was lost years ago and I never saw it before it was lost. I've seen different markings on the bases of mags for sale. Does anyone know which would be considered correct for mine? Should it say Woodsman or just Colt and 22 Cal? All I'm fairly certain of is it shouldn't be two tone. A picture would be great if possible. I have an aftermarket mag, but I'd really like an original. Thanks for any help.

Your 1946/47 1st Series Woodsman would be correct with a Solid Blue(1939+ forward), Coil type Spring with Colt Woodsman stamped on the Floor/Base Plate.

I am having tech problems paying my Supporting Member dues which allow for the easy posting of photographs. I will post the above described list of all Pre and 1st Series Magazines once i work thru the issue. If you care to send me a email message I would forward said list direct.

Regards,
Tom Platt
[email protected]

Last edited by prewoodsman; 10-16-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:16 PM
golfcarz

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks to everyone who posted. I've been meaning to buy a mag for a couple years now. Prices won't be going down, so I need to get one. I'm familiar with the mag described, but I'll send an email to prewoodsman anyway. I'd like to have the picture for future reference. Thanks again.

Last edited by golfcarz; 10-16-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:17 PM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarz View Post
Thanks to everyone who posted. I've been meaning to buy a mag for a couple years now. Prices won't be going down, so I need to get one. I'm familiar with the mag described, but I'll send an email to prewoodsman anyway. I'd like to have the picture for future reference. Thanks again.
If you post/PM a pick i maybe able to help.

i sold all of my woodsman but ran across some mags. I think they are aftermarket since no base marking. I dont remember what colt they went to.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:06 PM
just4grins

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good Aftermarket magazine

I have a first series colt woodsman with the two toned magazine. Triple K manufacturing makes an aftermarket magazine that works perfectly in the old prewar Guns. Iíve been very happy with mine. Link below. https://www.triplek.com/product/colt...zine-or-grips/
Old 10-24-2019, 11:06 PM
golfcarz

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks to RFC and its members that helped. I emailed prewoodsman for pictures and he delivered. He sent pictures and a description of what I needed. I did my research and had an idea of what it was going to cost me. A few days later I get an email from prewoodsman with a link to a very nice example of what I needed for a price that was less than I was expecting. To be clear I didn't buy the magazine from prewoodsman. He pointed it out to me which I really appreciate. He went out of his way to help me out. He also offered his knowledge, service and parts in the future if needed. The magazine actually came today and is in excellent condition. I feel much better now that I have the correct magazine. I've been meaning to get one for a few years, but didn't know which one was correct.

I've been a member here quite a while, but don't post much. I recently posted an ad searching for a Mossberg sight and in no time I had what I was looking for. Then I post this thread and again I got exactly what I was looking for and more. Don't hesitate to ask questions around here

Many thanks to RFC, all it's helpful members and in this case especially prewoodsman.