KKJ - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-09-2019, 10:14 PM
gunsaholic

Join Date: 
Oct 2010
Location: 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 
1,373
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KKJ



Log in to see fewer ads
Hello everyone. I recently picked up this KKj and am trying to confirm if I have the date correct. Am I correct in thinking it is from around 1957-1958? The serial number is 384XX. The last pic is of another gun but it has the same barrel marking as mine which I don't think is a date code. My rifle has a 22" barrel with threaded muzzle with cap as well as the rear sight is graduated to 200 meters as opposed to 150 or 175.


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2019, 07:03 AM
Penage Guy's Avatar
Penage Guy

Join Date: 
Dec 2013
Location: 
Ontario, Canada
Posts: 
3,724
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If it is the date you think it might be, there may not be a date stamp. I've had two KKM rifles, one from 1962, which had 62 stamped on it, and the other, older by serial number, had no date stamp.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2019, 08:36 AM
gunsaholic

Join Date: 
Oct 2010
Location: 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 
1,373
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
If it is the date you think it might be, there may not be a date stamp. I've had two KKM rifles, one from 1962, which had 62 stamped on it, and the other, older by serial number, had no date stamp.
Yes, I don't believe that l f (I think) B right next to the .22KAL is a date code. So what I found elsewhere regarding serial number makes me think possibly 1957 or 58 but I don't know how accurate that info was. Can the threaded muzzle and 200 meter marked rear sight narrow down the year?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 10-10-2019, 10:08 AM
jes

Join Date: 
Oct 2004
Location: 
western Canada
Posts: 
506
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a similar KKJ that I wrote Walther about, it doesn't have a date stamp, but they told me, by the serial number, it was 1960, I can't remember the serial number off the top of my head, I'll try to check tonight. My understanding on the sights was that 22 magnum and 22 hornets had the 200 meter graduations and 22lr the 150? I could be wrong on that, or maybe your sight was replaced at some time? I have 3 KKJ variations, one came with factory receiver sight, the other 2 have barrel mounted sights with 150 meter graduations.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2019, 07:06 AM
Andyd
Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
3,501
TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=545994

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...d.php?t=580234
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-2019, 07:08 AM
Andyd
Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
3,501
TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsaholic View Post
Yes, I don't believe that l f (I think) B right next to the .22KAL is a date code. So what I found elsewhere regarding serial number makes me think possibly 1957 or 58 but I don't know how accurate that info was. Can the threaded muzzle and 200 meter marked rear sight narrow down the year?
l.f.B. = Lang fuer Buechse translation: long rifle
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Camster

Join Date: 
Sep 2003
Posts: 
13,977
TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
...lose the white grip cap and butt plate.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Andyd
Veteran

Join Date: 
Sep 2006
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
3,501
TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
...lose the white grip cap and butt plate.
I did not want to say that but they are indeed abominable. This is what the rifle should look like but proper replacements are going to be very, very hard to find.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-14-2019, 04:40 PM
gunsaholic

Join Date: 
Oct 2010
Location: 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 
1,373
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
...lose the white grip cap and butt plate.
Yes, if I ever come across replacements the grip cap and butt plate will be gone . I suppose the rear sight could have been changed out at some point to the 200 meter sight. I don't know it's history.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-15-2019, 03:09 PM
gunsaholic

Join Date: 
Oct 2010
Location: 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 
1,373
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
By the way, what letter designation/model would the same gun be but with the factory globe front sight and rear diopter?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-16-2019, 08:42 AM
Penage Guy's Avatar
Penage Guy

Join Date: 
Dec 2013
Location: 
Ontario, Canada
Posts: 
3,724
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsaholic View Post
By the way, what letter designation/model would the same gun be but with the factory globe front sight and rear diopter?
Perhaps you're referring to the KKJ-T, a single shot lightweight rifle with what Walther called a "set stud" -- which when engaged reduced the approximately 3 lb trigger pull to about 5 - 6 ounces.

This model is well-known in Canada, probably less common south of the border.



Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-16-2019, 01:08 PM
gunsaholic

Join Date: 
Oct 2010
Location: 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 
1,373
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penage Guy View Post
Perhaps you're referring to the KKJ-T, a single shot lightweight rifle with what Walther called a "set stud" -- which when engaged reduced the approximately 3 lb trigger pull to about 5 - 6 ounces.
]
No, I'm referring to a magazine repeater. I have one but am unsure of the correct designation.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-16-2019, 06:32 PM
Penage Guy's Avatar
Penage Guy

Join Date: 
Dec 2013
Location: 
Ontario, Canada
Posts: 
3,724
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A Walther KKJ-M was a repeater with rear aperture and front globe.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-17-2019, 02:13 PM
Camster

Join Date: 
Sep 2003
Posts: 
13,977
TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsaholic View Post
Yes, if I ever come across replacements the grip cap and butt plate will be gone . I suppose the rear sight could have been changed out at some point to the 200 meter sight. I don't know it's history.
The white parts almost appear to be mounted over the original cap and butt plate.

If not, I think that generics could be fitted.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:43 PM
gunsaholic

Join Date: 
Oct 2010
Location: 
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 
1,373
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
The white parts almost appear to be mounted over the original cap and butt plate.

If not, I think that generics could be fitted.
I thought that when I first saw pics of the gun but they are items that the previous owner, or someone, installed. Whoever did it, did a very nice job fitting them though. I have been looking at generic. I have small horn blanks laying around so I may make a horn grip cap. I think I could maybe stain or dye the butt plate black if I find the right stain.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x