Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:18 AM
*Rim-Star*

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ruger American Rimfire Stock

I have been looking at the standard model Ruger American Rimfire 22 rifles at some of the local shops, on every one I have seen the barrel is off centered in the barrel channel, can this be adjusted out by loosening the stock screws and re tightening ? doesn't look like it could be sanded out either, not much there, looking to purchase one, thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:28 AM
Phish4one

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine is like that also but so far its just cosmetic. It hasn't hurt the accuracy one bit. A Boyd stock would be ideal replacement which is what I am planning to do. Only other thing I thought about doing is have my son machine a piece aluminum bar stock into the web in stock then epoxy it.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:39 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You say off centered, but is the barrel actually touching the stock on one side? If it isn't actually touching the stock, it is just a cosmetic thing. I had to search a while to find one that was centered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2019, 01:33 PM
Ray1946
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just checked mine and it does not make contact. It doesn't look all that great, but mine shoots extremely well and I am not changing anything......................
Old 11-01-2019, 05:08 PM
*Rim-Star*

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray1946 View Post
I just checked mine and it does not make contact. It doesn't look all that great, but mine shoots extremely well and I am not changing anything......................
The looks is whatgets me a bit to, how is the accuracy on yours ?
Old 11-01-2019, 07:25 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I’ve using the factory stock just till I find a better one. The wrist is too flexible. Had the the gun in a bench setup put a little pressure on the wrist and watched the crosshairs move up and down
Old 11-02-2019, 04:01 AM
Bimmer74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Rim-Star* View Post
I have been looking at the standard model Ruger American Rimfire 22 rifles at some of the local shops, on every one I have seen the barrel is off centered in the barrel channel, can this be adjusted out by loosening the stock screws and re tightening?
Yes, they're typically like that... And loosening the stock screws and retightening (and torquing properly) goes a long way to fix it.

Quote:
Doesn't look like it could be sanded out either, not much there...
Oh, but it can be sanded out. I used a sanding drum (1"?) to hog out the barrel channel on both of mine.

Quote:
The looks is whatgets me a bit to, how is the accuracy on yours ?
Mine shoot surprisingly well... With the right ammo, right around moa (17HMR) or even less (22lr).
Old 11-02-2019, 06:45 PM
Ray1946
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have gotten several groups under a half inch using S&K..........................