Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:19 PM
Captain Paul
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TK Victory thumb ledge safety

I inadvertently engage the safety like probably everyone else. Anybody try the thumb ledge safety?

Opinions? Comments?
Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 PM
huntsman22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's awful hard to engage the safety, if you 'ride' it.....
Old 10-04-2019, 08:25 AM
JHB51

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one on mine and I think it is right up there with the Halo and Victory trigger. If you shoot competition it's a must have on the Victory. The stock safety spring needs to be beefed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 09:39 AM
JeeperJake

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My opinion:
Originally I thought the safety was a wretched mistake, too easily engaged.

After a couple thousand rounds over the last month, unintended bumping of the lever has decreased substantially.

I talked with the TDK people about their replacement. Frankly I just did not see the likelihood it was solution for *me*. Given the last month's improvement in 'safety awareness' (a version of that goal I had never anticipated) I am even less likely to need it.

Agree the Halo & the Victory replacement trigger is a most definite upgrade.

Although the stock PC trigger was 'nearly excellent' and I almost kept it, even with most excellent electronic trigger gauge readings, I had my 'smith install a new TDK model. The new version now has about 500 rounds thru it, and is remarkably tight and without notable creep or reset gap.

I've come to consider bumping the OEM safety, to be witness that somehow I've unnecessarily changed my grip position. It IS 'easy on' and 'easy off'. I'll know in another couple months whether parts change is desirable.

This Victory model is the most satisfying target 22 I've had since the old High Standard 10x days 35 years ago.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:52 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought the thumb ledge safety as soon as it came to market. I don't like it but still use it. The problem is the design is too vertical. Rather than laying my thumb on a ledge, I have to wrap my thumb over the top. It is not that comfortable for me but I have gotten use to it. They need to flatten the angle of the ledge so with a straight thumb grip you lay it on the ledge. I keep hoping that TDK will modify it. It is a good idea but the designed is flawed. I am a big fan and customer of TDK but in my opinion, they missed the target with this design.

I do think even with the problems it is better than bumping on the safety all the time.

Frank

Last edited by FrankW; 10-05-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHB51 View Post
The stock safety spring needs to be beefed up.
I'm no engineer, but it seems like changing the design of the spring to require more detent to engage the safety (at least as much as it currently has to disengage the safety) would be a better resolution to the problem. Is that not feasible?
Old 10-04-2019, 05:32 PM
snarrow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
After several trials with the lever spring und bending the lever into another position I gave up and removed the safety mechanism completely. It was a little bit tricky to find a substitution for the inner parts. The victory doesn't work if you just remove the safety! But every gun smith could do it. Since this modification, shooting a competition (that does not require application of safety control) is much more relaxed for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SW22 safety lever removed.jpg (53.6 KB, 108 views)
Old 10-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Frommer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I use mine Victory for Bullseye & plates. I accidentally engaged the safety a number of times (from below the safety when holding the gun. I installed the TK safety and have not had an issues since. When shooting, I rest my thumb on the safety ledge. I think it is a great addition to the Voctory.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't have a Victory, but I have a 22/45 Mk IV with the Tandemkross ledge safety. I don't see how you could inadvertently engage the safety with the TK lever. It is designed so your thumb rests on top of it. To engage the safety you have to take your thumb off the top of the lever, move it to below the lever, and press upward. Hard to see how that deliberate act could be accomplished inadvertently.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Captain Paul

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
I don't have a Victory, but I have a 22/45 Mk IV with the Tandemkross ledge safety. I don't see how you could inadvertently engage the safety with the TK lever. It is designed so your thumb rests on top of it. To engage the safety you have to take your thumb off the top of the lever, move it to below the lever, and press upward. Hard to see how that deliberate act could be accomplished inadvertently.
I agree. I don't think anyone could inadvertently engage the safety with the TK thumb ledge.

I went ahead and got one and have shot it several times now. It's not exactly where I would want to place my thumb but think it's a pretty good upgrade especially for other people who may shoot my gun and not be used to it.