Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:59 PM
smartypants2
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to smartypants2
crosman 600 repair

I purchased a crosman 600 to practice bullseye shooting in the garage. It has a decent trigger, and being a CO2 semi-auto, it can be used to practice the timed and rapid fire events. The grip is quite comfortable. The only problem is, it doesn't work!

The former owner said that it needs seals and lubrication. I have done some research on the internet and am considering having the work done by 'abairgun'. Does anyone know his work?

2nd question: Is there a better semi auto available. I need good accuracy and the ability to fire in timed and rapid style.

I have been shooting bullseye for about 10 years, but this is my first airgun! Any comments you may have will be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:16 PM
CharlesC
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Go to the Crosman Forum and ask your questions.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/
I suspect the answer will be to send it to Tim @ Mac1.
http://www.mac1airgun.com/
Not sure that is the current Mac1 web address. If not Google it.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:44 PM
smartypants2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks

Thanks for the response. I will give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 AM
GUNLOVE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ABairgun is one of the best at resealing valves. There are more to these guns than just the valve though I guess such as timing etc. I know the tuner Rich From Mich has worked on them. Ive shot one that he did for another guy in Mich that I shoot with.

Here is Rich's site http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin...es/Page14.html

Once its up & shooting good you will love that gun! They like wadcutter pellets & will get about 20 -25 shots per 12g cart.

PS. let me know if you want to sell it as is

Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 AM
smartypants2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the response. I have sent the gun to abairgun based on a phone conversation with him (Alan). He seemed quite knowledgeable on the 600. Also, your input (that he knows how to do seals) was helpful.

I want to be able to practice bullseye shooting at home, noislessly, and with minimal safety hazard. The air pistol seems like it might be good for that.

A friend from Florida convinced me to buy a Diana P5 Magnum air pistol. I realized too late that it is unsuitable for my purpose being as it's single shot pump. So I'm selling the P5 on gunbroker and will try the 600. This is my first foray into air guns so I chalk it off to 'experience'.

Are there any 'modern' air pistols that might be good for bullseye practice? They should have a good trigger, be a repeater (for timed and rapid fire), maybe have a weaver rail, be accurate, and be reasonably priced. Somebody must make something like that. Maybe a bb pistol? Any ideas?

I got the 600 well below the gunbroker prices, its grip was very comfortable, and I kind of like the pellet feed mechanism. However I understand that it eats up CO2 pretty quickly (20-30 shots). I could live with 30 shots because that's one bullseye match.

Last edited by smartypants2; 02-26-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: spelling and additions
Old 02-26-2008, 11:10 AM
GUNLOVE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not much in the reasonable range lol. There are some $2000 pcp pistols that are excellent. Might find an older CO2 semi auto match gun somewhere. Think Styer had one. Think the current is called the LP-50 that is PCP.