Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:36 PM
flylo
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
97% (149)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Shooting a standing animal is one thing, shooting an attacking dog is another. Can you put that 22lr in a precise spot on a dog that is coming at you at 30 mph?
If hes coming at me I'm aiming at the head right between the eyes. I think if hit anywhere in the face he'd go a different direction.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:48 PM
supersharp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think it 22LR is better than nothing and certainly if you are well trained with it it could be used as a defensive weapon. I'm thinking mainly head shots. The real problem with 22LR is it insufficient knockdown power .I think you'd be better suited with a 9 mm most of them are very reliable and the recoil usually isn't that bad having said that a 22 LR would be better than nothing though.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:11 PM
lizardtrack
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I prefer a good pepper spray over a firearm for defense for many reasons.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:24 PM
Oldmountain2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree with LizardTrack. Pepper spray is the first line defense.
- you can use it with less chance of creating a lawyer on you doorstep.
- you can us it quicker. Don’t have to pause to think; ‘Is this really really bad?’
- my wife will use it!

See Kimber PepperBlaster at Kimber site or Amazon. In both my cars, at front door, by bed. Alongside powerful flashlight & S&W 317.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:18 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is 50 rounds of 22lr from a braced Charger at 15 yards offhand as fast as possible. A lot better than I can do with a handgun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger.jpg (163.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-28-2019, 08:32 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
This is 50 rounds of 22lr from a braced Charger at 15 yards offhand as fast as possible. A lot better than I can do with a handgun.
Agreed but a little harder to conceal then a handgun.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:57 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
Agreed but a little harder to conceal then a handgun.
Maybe trench coats will come back into style. Brace folds but it is still bulky. Good for home defense. A woman or cross dresser could easily hide it under a burka.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:47 PM
3JExplorer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wife: fast fire with 3 mag reloads, 30 rnds, M&P22C ,Remington 40 gr.RN Thunderbolts @7 yrd

10 rounds M&P22C @ 7 yrds. rapid fire, Aguila Super Extra 22 40gr CPRN

Last edited by 3JExplorer; 05-28-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:02 PM
kirby999

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3JExplorer View Post
Wife: fast fire with 3 mag reloads, 30 rnds, M&P22C ,Remington 40 gr.RN Thunderbolts @7 yrd

10 rounds M&P22C @ 7 yrds. rapid fire, Aguila Super Extra 22 40gr CPRN

That would give somebody a headache ! Kirby
Old 05-29-2019, 12:41 PM
Oldmountain2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thoughts on KelTec CP33 ?? Add light & laser to rails? And silencer!

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/cp33/
Old 05-29-2019, 07:55 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My wife carries a 22 Ruger loaded with velocitors. I carry a Sig P238. Both too light according to many. A navy seal once said that handguns are poor self defense weapons because even if you get the first shot off, an armed attacker will probably get off a few rounds before he drops. Firearms are our last line of defense. We always seat ourselves where we have the best chance to see danger and RUN. No matter if at the movies or MacDonalds we watch who comes in and seat ourselves as far away from the windows as possible. If someone pulls a knife and demands my keys, he gets them. As long as he is far enough away I don't shoot anyone over a vehicle. We also avoid confrontations. We assume everyone is carrying a gun and in Pa. that is often true. No feeding road rage. Some things the attorney told us. Handcuffs are silver but silence is golden. Not a word to a cop without an attorney. Cops get two sleep cycles before they have to answer questions in a shooting so we do as well. If you pull the trigger and shoot someone it will probably cost you quite a bit of money. If you shoot an kill an intruder in your own home you will not be sleeping there that night as it is a crime scene and a homicide scene if the intruder dies. The other policy we have is we use our weapon only to save our lives. I know that sounds cold but I have heard some horror stories where people tried to play the good Samaritan and ended up getting bit in the butt.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Some of you guys got it really tough. Glad I live where I do. But then, there are places in the state with the same ideas and local government that enforces them. I've got a good sheriff, thankfully.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:51 PM
Oldmountain2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
profsrgary, I could not agree more. Many Thanks. I remember reading: You do not owe anything worth the cost of a murder trial with you as the defendant.

Tell the police your name, ID, address and say the essential line: I want to speak with my lawyer, now. Any additional questions will be unacceptable in court.

I like Pepper Spray.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:38 AM
41B
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I live in South Texas - the drunk driving capitol of the state.I felt safe with my 1911 and Velocitos, until one of my drunk neighbors went on a rampage.

I decided that if I need to shoot him, I need to "stop" him. Off came the conversion kit and 230gr HP's sent in the magazine.

I'm 72 and not looking for a fight, but if I need to fight someone I plan to have the biggest stick in the fight.

Six shots from a .22 is OK, but one from the .45 is better.

I just pray I never need it.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:00 PM
smokey9701

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't carry, ever. I have no issue with those who do. If I did I would use one of my .22s. I would have no issue whatsoever in thinking it would serve it's purpose. But not one work of my opinion is of any concern to you or anyone else. If you have done some research, some thinking etc, you don't have to answer to anyone. If .22 LR satisfies your need, do it. For those who would say you or I are craze my answer to them would be mind your own business and get stuffed.