Romanian M69 - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 AM
ultramag44
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)

I bought one of the very clean ones, w/ cleaning kit, years ago when they were $70.00

I too found an old Weaver v22 scope clamped to The 'rail'. Luckily for me, mine has an included angle to the 'rail'. The v22 not only clears the front sight, but is esthetically (sic?) pleasing to the lines of the rifle.

Mine will shoot into 3/8" @ 50 yards.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:22 PM
JohnA136
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
parts

I bought one of these yesterday, got a good price because it has a broken firing pin spring follower. The usual suppliers do not seem to have this. If anyone has a spare or knows where I can locate one, it would be much appreciated. I am trying to repair and refinish this for my grandchild. Thanks for reading.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:18 AM
Aspenmaster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
M69 Parts

Hi there JohnA136,

You've bought yourself a great little shooter. When you get a chance post a picture of your new rifle.
Below is a link to the Web sight APEX Gun Parts, they'll have exactly what you need to get your rifle up and running....
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product...oducts_id/2024

Todd

Old 01-26-2012, 06:46 AM
JohnA136

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
M69

Thanks, Will take a "before" picture today.

Ordered a few parts from apex yesterday but they did not have the spring follower. I am thinking that I am calling it the wrong thing? It is actually the sleeve that the firing pin spring and guide rod fit into that gets cocked with the bolt and is released when you pull the trigger.

Whatever it is called, I need to find one or have one made to get this little gun up and running.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:47 AM
JohnA136

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pics

The obligatory pictures. the stock has a few little dings but not too bad. I haven't decided how I am going to finish it yet?

Old 02-07-2012, 03:36 PM
JohnA136

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update

Just an update, I received Paul Liska's great little book on the M96 the other day. I have been mis-naming the broken part. According to Paul's book, it is the hammer. Still, I can not seem to locate one I will have to see if my friend can machine me one if I can not find a source.

I have also decided that the finish on the stock is really in bad shape so I will probably be refinishing it.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 PM
wvjoetc

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I guess I'm one of the unlucky one with the feeding problems, I've had this gun for several years and really never addressed the issues. I've shot it single shot and used Remington targets, it shoots very good. I think when I bought it I didn't give but fifty bucks for it, because of the problems. Now with all the information here I'll take another look at my 69. Thanks for sharing your ideas and fixes.

Joe

Last edited by wvjoetc; 02-07-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:05 PM
JohnA136

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
bolts

I actually received a couple of partial bolts with mine and they look smooth and clean. Firing pin is flat and free in the bolt. As soon as I source the hammer, I will be taking it to the range for testing.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Aspenmaster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These are great little rifles. It's great seeing all the pictures and the various stocks that have been refurbished.
Here's a few pictures from last night at the range. The scope is an old Weaver Marksman 4x Wideview. Sighted her in at 25yards and have a 6in holdover at 100yards. The 50yard pic could be tighter, but i was shooting as fast as i could rack the bolt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6840077643/
Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM
wvjoetc

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The scope looks good on there Aspenmaster, I've got to get a scope mounted on mine, my old eyes aren't what they used to be.

Joe