Weaver T36 POA - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:18 PM
gpd1953

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Weaver T36 POA

I have been using a weaver t36 on my custom bench rest rig . Sometimes after shooting a target or two I seem to get a point of impact change . Has anyone experienced this and been able to determine that it is indeed the scope ?
Old 02-19-2019, 05:28 PM
coyote-slayer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd1953 View Post
I have been using a weaver t36 on my custom bench rest rig . Sometimes after shooting a target or two I seem to get a point of impact change . Has anyone experienced this and been able to determine that it is indeed the scope ?
Is the change consistent or does it randomly shift

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2019, 05:37 PM
gpd1953

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
I cant say that I noticed any real pattern

Old 02-19-2019, 07:06 PM
Taterchip

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have been having some weaver T 36 problems. And I having a hard time believing the scope is broke. Think it might be a parallax adjustment issue. Somebody , somewhere on RFC posted something to the effect that the right parallax focus and nice clear target focus don't necessarily always coincide. Something to ponder.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:23 AM
Travelor
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Send a message via Yahoo to Travelor
This may sound kind of a stupid question, but are you shooting around 5 to 10 shots on your sighter target before going to you score targets? Sometimes I find that ir you are shooting a magazine fed rifle, the POI can change with a newly charged magazine.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 AM
coyote-slayer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I cant say that I noticed any real pattern
I would start by shooting 1 shot and allow ample time between shot to be sure barrel isnt heating up and see if you still get poi %%%%.. I say that because you can eliminate if it could be barrel heating causing the shift. If a barrel didnt get properly stress relieve during manufacturing process, they can warp ever so slightly as they heat up.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Tad_E

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:

If your only talking about a click or two it's normal to see some change as the day goes on. Maybe not every single match but sort of often yes. Most would be amazed at POI change on one of these rifles from sun being out to a cloud covering the sun in a matter of seconds. It's not that the rifle is that temperamental, it's just what you expect from it and what your looking for is now that much smaller and the little things you didn't notice prior to shooting BR are now more apparent. It's really kind of amazing what a person will pick up on in a small amount of time sitting behind a decent BR rifle. Myself included.

Tad
Old 02-20-2019, 01:01 PM
SDBigDog1955

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote-slayer View Post
I would start by shooting 1 shot and allow ample time between shot to be sure barrel isnt heating up and see if you still get poi %%%%.. I say that because you can eliminate if it could be barrel heating causing the shift. If a barrel didnt get properly stress relieve during manufacturing process, they can warp ever so slightly as they heat up.

What caliber are u shooting?

22lr don't heat up but after 10 rounds, the same point of impact will change with the ammo u are using. never Fales
Old 02-20-2019, 01:13 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I would check all the obvious stuff first. Rings are tight, base isn't loose, etc. If everything seems alright then try a different scope while keeping everything else the same and see if you are still having problems. If you do all that then you eliminate everything other than the scope (and the shooter of course). Then maybe it's time to give Weaver a call.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:24 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
We are talking microns here , right? Not 1/4 inch changes , not even 1/8 inch changes ,but 1/16 inch changes or less , right?

Cause if not there is something wrong with the scope. Otherwise itís just the springs in the scope and the erector tube settling in, plus your eye adjusting.

My scopes hold zero, but I always have to adjust them a click to two to adjust for the temperature, humidity , barometric pressure changes from the last time I shot them. If the weather changes while Iím shooting, not wind, but temp etc changes happen.