Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ruger 10/22 Trigger-"and how it works"

33K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  whiplash 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I finally got a Youtube video up, its definitely not the best, with my stroke its about the best I could do!

PS: I forgot to get in the assembly of the "bolt release spring", maybe an edit is due!

#12 ·
Excellent video. You can demonstrate the trigger operation better with one arm than most of us with two. I've managed to get a decent trigger by trial and (much) error over the years. I tend to polish and stone pretty much everything that moves (and some that don't)

But the big question, can you do it blindfolded?

#15 ·
Very good, I recently installed 3 Kidd single stage triggers in the Tactical Innovations trigger housing and never took the side plate off. In retrospect I wish I had so I could have seen first hand how the disconnector actually worked. Thanks to your video I now have an idea.

#23 ·
A little follow-up...........

I've had a lot of pm's responding to different threads and my youtube page asking about what equipment I use. I found some pics of the build from a few years ago, it's the new/improved version of what I used to have at the shop. It's 1/2 hp with a three step pulley (900,1800,3600 rpm), a 12" x 1" sewn cotton wheel and 8" x 2" flap wheels to 320 grit (they don't come any finer). It was originally built for engine parts!

#25 ·
This is an impressive video. I'm a new 10/22 owner and this really helped me understand the function of the trigger mechanism and assembly.

Given the stroke and disability, I am beyond shocked that you set this all up so extremely well! The video is thoughtfully set up and your explanation is perfect. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.