Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Remembering Cletus Hungwell (Rusty)

105K views 270 replies 166 participants last post by  MG-70 
#1 ·
Anybody talked to Cletus?

I have PM'd him a couple of times in the last week and gotten no reply. Is he doing OK?

#82 ·
I have posted my thoughts and prayers for Rusty everywhere..I can't help but think how much we dread losing this him but how lucky the shooters/knifemakers and good people are in the beyond (heaven in my book).. I only hope he is not in too much pain and goes very peacefully. I hope my Dad will get to know ya Rusty.

#86 ·
I was very glad to hear that he is a saved man for it means that I will get to meet this RFC Guru some day when our Lord is done with my earthly form. Prayers and the Saviors comfort be with you Rusty and your family in this time of need.
God be with you and yours,
Your Brother in Christ Jerry Gunn

#91 ·
I just rec'd a PM back from D O M I T saying he would print all the kind messages in the threads and get them to him and the family...:bthumb:

#92 ·
The first time I saw the name "Cletus Hungwell" I laughed out loud at all of the implications that name had. I thought "There is an original thinker".

Little did I know!!:D

A master of many trades and a great guy. NO ONE here understood metal....steel......like Cletus. I could read his stuff for ever, I learned from almost every word he printed here. The rest were always funny or warm. He helped me a number of times, sharing his hard won knowledge and generous nature.

He seemed to be a man's man. In the best of ways. I am not embarassed to say there are tears flowing right now.

Godspeed Cletus. May your next path be a gentle one. May it take you to many just rewards.

I am stunned........................

#97 ·
Excellent

The first time I saw the name "Cletus Hungwell" I laughed out loud at all of the implications that name had. I thought "There is an original thinker".

Little did I know!!:D

A master of many trades and a great guy. NO ONE here understood metal....steel......like Cletus. I could read his stuff for ever, I learned from almost every word he printed here. The rest were always funny or warm. He helped me a number of times, sharing his hard won knowledge and generous nature.

He seemed to be a man's man. In the best of ways. I am not embarassed to sat there are tears flowing right now.

Godspeed Cletus. May your next path be a gentle one. May it take you to many just rewards.

I am stunned........................
Well said Vincent. Another wonderful one of his attributes was his ability to stand op for the little guy, give encouragement, and let it be known that everyone was a beginner at one time.
One of my favorite quotes, "Don't mess with a man that is crying, unless you are sure you can whip his ***." My Best,

#93 ·
I've already posted once in this thread,but I just wanted to add,cletus was one of those guys,whose words carried so much weight,and his knowledge,and humor were evident in his writings here.I am stunned,even tho I never met him.I know that he would have been a good buddy,and I know I'll miss him......

#98 ·
This just seems so surreal to me. All of us, and this place, will be less without him around. He was quick to help others, never had a bad word for anyone, and would go out of his way to make sure that a newbie was comfortable around here.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him, and his family. We will be hard pressed to have a more knowledgeable, gentler soul around here.

I hope that God has a special benchrest all set up and waiting for him.

#99 · (Edited)
This just seems so surreal to me. All of us, and this place, will be less without him around. He was quick to help others, never had a bad word for anyone, and would go out of his way to make sure that a newbie was comfortable around here.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him, and his family. We will be hard pressed to have a more knowledgeable, gentler soul around here.

I hope that God has a special benchrest all set up and waiting for him.
I hope to be shooting on the bench next to his one day. Shooting with Cletus would be a real treat.

#102 ·
Rusty, I will certainly miss your presence here at RFC. To me, you are as much Rimfire Central as the name of this place itself. I can't express how much I've learned from your posts. The generosity you demonstrated by sharing your knowledge with all of us is going to be a hard act to follow and sorely missed..

Sawsquatch mentioned in a post earlier that he hopes to sit beside you at a firing range someday. Well, I can only hope to be on the other side of you at that range. What an honor for me would that be.

I lost my mom to cancer 16 months ago... was at her side when she passed. I hope and pray to God that when its my turn, I can go as peacefully as she did.

Godspeed, my friend. As Vincent said, may your next journey be a gentle one, and I pray that you find peace and happiness. Hope you find that perfect 10/22 & BBQ, so you have more to teach us when we get there.

bruce

#104 ·
Words never seem adequate...

Words never seem adequate enough. There are so many things that pass through my mind when I read a thread like this. Mostly sad thoughts regarding friends and family I have lost over the years. But death is the natural conclusion to life, but I believe it is also the beginning of a new and eternal life. Sometimes I long for that afterlife, as those friends and family I mentioned above will be waiting for me, and I shall see them again!!!! But I know there are many things for me to do here yet. I KNOW my 10 year old son would surely miss me as would my wife and our extended families.
Cletus' family are dealing with these thoughts right now, and my thoughts and prayers are most definitely with all of them during this time. I pray that our Heavenly Father will ease his passing and ease the pain of the loved ones left behind. There will be pain when we loose Cletus, but we should also take time to remember and CELEBRATE Cletus. He is going to a place that is immeasureably better than this world is, and that is something to be joyous about. And if we believe in Christ's promise, we will see Cletus again. That is also something to very much look forward to, even though this world will seem a little bit poorer for his loss.
Cletus, you and your loved ones are in my prayers. God Bless, Frank.

#109 ·
Cletus, you have my deepest respects sir. You have helped me in many ways, know it or not. I wish the best for you when your journey on this plane ends, I sincerely hope that there is more for a man of your caliber to discover and experience after the journey here ends. Good luck sir!:t

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.