Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Remembering Cletus Hungwell (Rusty)

105K views 270 replies 166 participants last post by  MG-70 
#1 ·
Anybody talked to Cletus?

I have PM'd him a couple of times in the last week and gotten no reply. Is he doing OK?

#6 ·
Prayers needed...

Prayers are needed for our Buddy Cletus...bad news, we love this guy..let's all hope and pray for him..contact Admin 3 for more info. :(

#7 ·
I really don't know why someone has not posted what's up and I don't know if I should..but I will becasue he needs our prayers..he is terminal (cancer) and it's looking and sounding like maybe very soon he will pass...I for one and I know there are many here that will be sick about it...I love this guy.

#8 ·
I really don't know why someone has not posted what's up and I don't know if I should..
Same here. I don't know how much info from his PMs should be made public because if he didn't post it openly, I'm not about to. I might be wrong, but I figure if he'd wanted everybody to know specifics, he'd have posted them way back.

#10 ·
very sorry to hear this about Cletus. I enjoy reading his postings and I certainly hope to be able to continue to do so. Cletus if you are reading this sir just know that you and your's are in my prayers. I truely wish you the best.

#20 ·
cleatus hungwell is very sick. only a matter of days now, if anybody wonts to send a card or something i can give address. the family would like to let him know others are thinking of him. d o m i t !
If it's not to personal can you tell us what is wrong with him so we can send prayers that GOD will heal him quickly. All my prayers and thoughts are with him and his family

Kenny.

#16 · (Edited)
You know what guys..truly brings me to tears when I think about losing some of you guys..really I mean it man this place is like family and I love ya all..I have had a terrible day thinking of Cletus..he is one of the first guys that got me wound up about this forum and mod's and being creative and shootin' squirrels in my back yard IN TOWN...I love this guy...damb it. :(
About 2 months ago he told me how to heat blue a bolt..told me what temp. and the how to's...here is the first one and he has not seen the pic yet..but I just today mailed him a Thinking of You card with the photo in it.

He described what a "purty straw yellow and near golden" it would be..guess what..it's exactly that. I am humbled to no end.

#19 ·
got th news

cletus. ur on my prayer list friend. if ya gotta go we'll understand:protest_e but understand we'll miss your good advice and your helpful spirit.:sad: keep them that luvs ya where you can touch 'em. we'll keep the newbies straight around here.

rick

#27 ·
Cletus is one of the good guys here on RFC...one of the best..very smart guy that is humble and approachable as it gets...down to Earth and loveable. My go to guy on out of the norm things..he has pioneered many really neat mods over the years and we that know and love this guy are in shock...damb..I for one have been sick about this all day..an example of his mod's is the Cletus does a v-block that walks guys thru making there own adjustable v-block with not so good pictures that were his trademark..we laughed about it and he laughed with us...lately he told me of a heat bluing technique and I did it and it turned out exactly the way he described it which was "purdy straw yellow..almost golden"

Whatta guy...may God be with him.

This post has been deleted
#39 · (Edited)
I am so thankful that you mentioned that. How good it is to know that "today you shall be with Me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43)

May the Lord be with him and his family at this time. May He provide healing where healing in in His will. May He provide comfort where that is what is needed. May He provide the peace that surpasses all understanding to all.

We ask this in the name of Jesus, the name that surpasses all names.

Amen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.