Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Plain Jane 10/22

5K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  MG-70 
#1 ·
I bought one yesterday for my wife.
I've heard all about the 10 pound trigger but this one in my best guess, breaks at around 3 pounds with a very slight over travel. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
My Savage Mark II breaks at 3 pounds and this trigger feels just like it.
So, tomorrow I'll install a nylon buffer and let her burn up a brick of ammo, and then I'll ponder what kind of sighting equipment for it.
I lean toward peep sights, but my wife leans toward scopes, so you can guess what will be mounted. :)
BTW, the rifle is a black barrel/action and a black synthetic stock.
It sounds plain but it's a really good looking rifle.

#6 ·
The rifle was bought new at Academy, and it does indeed have a light trigger pull.
We'll be at the range in a few days and I'll have it checked with a gauge.

The little woman chose a red-dot sight for it and it's on order.
:gun4:
I'll try to post a picture when it's installed.

#5 ·
Thats how i started out, a bone stock carbine in a Tupperware stock, from buds guns. At first i had ordered a marlin model 60 cause it was cheaper , but at the last minute i changed my mind and ordered the 1022. I also ordered a case of wolf target and a little 2x7 Tasco and a plastic scissor type bipod. I lerned a lot about shooting that summer. And had a lot of fun. When the front lense fell out of the Tasco, i figured it was time to upgrade and used the gun for my first target build.
Many moons later, i rebuilt the original, with a Kingston receiver, and the original stock bolt and barrel. It does have a BX trigger, and a slighty better scope

Attachments

#7 ·
I'd say you got pretty lucky in getting a trigger that light on an OEM Ruger 10/22. I've been through dozens of OEM triggers and if I had to guess the lightest one (unmodified) that I've ever felt was probably on my VLEH (Target Tactical) model at around 6#'s. It actually had a decent feel to it but was way too heavy for me. The trigger they put in that model they called a "target trigger". Not quite, maybe ok for someone who is just getting into shooting. Glad you got a decent one anyhow.

#9 · (Edited)
Well, here's that picture I promised, (I hope) It started as a plain Jane and I put in a nylon bolt buffer and would have stopped there, but she's been seeing all the M-16s etc. And she said I want one like that, so, a few days and many dollars later this it what it looks like.
Oh, and I bought three more 10 round magazines, and when we get to the range I'll pick up a couple of steel-lips 25 round magazines and start the process of tuning them.
Edited to add, I intend to get flip up sights in case her red-dot goes kapoot, and I'll put the right size allen wrench in the grip to remove that sight.
:gun4:

Attachments

#20 ·
Thanks, when we married 44 years ago, she had never touched a gun and was afraid of them.
Now after all those years she can burn through a brick of federal in one session with a Walther P22. :gun4:
She says that she's ready to defend our home. GOD bless her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.