Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New PRP Triggers & Accessories!

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  jkingrph 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

We're Powder River Precision, RFC's newest sponsor and we're happy to be here. We'd like to invite you to come check out the PRP subforum and see our new products for your rimfire rifle.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the 10/22 world. Always good to see new products coming to market. :bthumb: I'll be curious to see how these run.

With the excellent Kidd adjustable single stage TG currently available for $199, the BX TG going at the bargain price of $49ish, and the many other options ranging from Brimstone to home brew work and replacement parts, it may be tough to gain a foothold in market at your price point though.

#3 ·
More detail would help. Can we assume it is a single stage trigger? When proven GTG I don't think your price is out of line but I have to agree with Iamaposer... You are entering a niche held by CGG at a market price that won't encourage many of us to try it. I'd try one priced at $150 if it came with a no questions ask money back guarantee.

#4 ·
That’s sort of what I was getting at... With the Kidd available for just $15 more, with aluminum housing, adjustable trigger weight, and an established reputation for excellence....

And then there’s the Brimstone Tier 1 at considerably less....

Keeping an open mind though... And I am curious to see what one of these can do compared to the other options available. At present, it’s unproven so a bit of a gamble when other known quantities are readily available.

Staying tuned...

#6 ·
That's sort of what I was getting at... With the Kidd available for just $15 more, with aluminum housing, adjustable trigger weight, and an established reputation for excellence....

And then there's the Brimstone Tier 1 at considerably less....

Keeping an open mind though... And I am curious to see what one of these can do compared to the other options available. At present, it's unproven so a bit of a gamble when other known quantities are readily available.

Staying tuned...
I don't remember Tony's trigger not being on sale for $195 but if you use his retail of $235 and add $15 for the speed lever his trigger is $65 more. I don't have a problem with the plastic housing and if I ordered a trigger today it would be set at 2 1/2#. I know it would be risky but if I were PRP I would send one out for review by some of our qualified members who have Kidd triggers. One trigger passed around between 4-5 guys. Another thing they could do is a group buy. I need a trigger for a field rifle and would first up if the price were right. BTW.. PRP has a very good reputation and has been around a long time. I have used their fire control parts in a couple of Springfield pistols. They were high quality and performed exactly as advertised.

#5 ·
Imaposer & GH41-

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Yes, the 10/22 aftermarket trigger selection is wide, varied & full of choices. We have studied the market & have spent over 2 years developing, manufacturing & testing the PRP trigger. It was our goal to deliver a product with innovation & new features, not just a "me too" kind of product.

The PRP trigger is a totally new, single stage, "from the ground up" system design. It is manufactured from top quality materials (including 3 different types of stainless steel & proprietary polymer alloys) using precision techniques & processes (wire EDM for the ENTIRE part to insure the engagement surfaces are in the exact & proper location- NOT MIM.) Custom injection molds were made to our specifications, insuring consistency & quality in every part. Each and every step was taken to produce an integrated system that insures the safety, reliability, repeatability & feel remain unchanged after extended use.

We gave the trigger to our shooting team for them to practice & compete with and try to break. These guys (and gals) generally shoot more in one practice session than most people will in a year. Like all competitors, they are EXTREMELY picky about how a trigger feels (minimal takeup/pretravel, crispness/no creep, light & consistent pull weight, minimal overtravel & positive reset) and uncompromising on reliability- it MUST go "bang" EVERY single time. After a year of hard use (in some cases over 50,000 rounds), none broke, the triggers still perform just as well as they did new & out of the package and are still keeping Team PRP smiling.

From the post in the PRP subforum, here are the specifications:

• Drop-in, no gunsmithing fit for 10/22, X-Ring & T/CR22 platforms

• Precision hammer, sear & disconnector, wire EDM cut from stainless steel
barstock, heat treated to Rc 52-54, w/ engagement surfaces polished to our
proprietary geometry

• Ball-bearing trigger return plunger

• Smooth, curved trigger with integral over-travel stop

• Custom wound springs

• Stainless steel pins throughout

• PRP "Survivor Series" Bolt Release w/ extended finger release tab (w/
serrations for more positive purchase), "slingshot" bolt closing cutout &
breakaway spare extractor; wire EDM cut from stainless steel plate

• PRP "Survivor Series" Ejector w/ breakaway spare extractor; wire EDM cut
from stainless steel plate & heat treated to Rc 45-48

• Crossbolt safety and mag catch precision machined from stainless steel barstock

• High impact, glass reinforced, engineering polymer trigger housing, under
trigger guard extended magazine release & curved trigger custom molded
by Hogue on our proprietary tooling

• Set to a crisp 2.5-2.25# trigger release with minimal takeup & overtravel,
giving a short, positive reset

• Drop tested for safety & reliability

• Verified longevity- A PRP production trigger has been fired over 50,000
rounds without failure

If you are looking for a precision, hard use, reliable rimfire rifle trigger system that feels good and is made by a company known for their fire control systems, you may want to consider everything that goes into the PRP.

#18 ·
Correct I did not miss it. The "and report back" part never happened.

Also given the amount of time that has passed one would think that there is more than one person out there who has also purchased this trigger and could provide their feedback. Did anyone else buy one?

#19 ·
Correct I did not miss it. The "and report back" part never happened.

Also given the amount of time that has passed one would think that there is more than one person out there who has also purchased this trigger and could provide their feedback. Did anyone else buy one?
I'll venture a conjecture here. I suspect the folks who purchased this trigger did so hoping that it was superior to the established offerings, and found that it fell short of the top tier, but noticeably better than most examples of the BX. I believe that if it were, in fact or even perception, superior to any of the Kidd or VQ products - they would be extolling the virtues of it ad nauseum.

This, admittedly, is just my personal opinion. Everyone roots for an underdog, and many would love to find something better and cheaper. And I'd be very surprised if the anti-koolaid crowd would pass up the chance to poke the bear if they had a stick. :)

#21 ·
I have one of these triggers on the way. I'll beat it up shooting Steel Challenge and come back with an opinion.

I was going to buy a Kidd and had contacted them a few months ago asking if there was any sales coming up since I was needing 2 triggers and they told me there would be one Fathers day. So I wait 2 months and nothing so I ask them about the sale they told me about and they said nope, not going to have a sale.
That's fine but it really ticks me when someone doesn't do what they said they would do.

#22 ·
Good to hear someone is going to test out this trigger. Please let us know which other triggers you have owned for comparison. Personally I ended up with a Kidd trigger because I wanted the look of aluminum vs plastic. Mine is an older 10/22 with the deluxe walnut stock and the original trigger group was aluminum. The Kidd replaced a Brimstone BX which functionally was great but i wanted a different look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.