Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

JWH vs KIDD bolts

4K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  crackedcornish 
#1 ·
Any thoughts on the comparison of JWH vs KIDD? Anyone?

#3 · (Edited)
I cannot compare both as I have never owned a Kidd bolt.
I did buy a JWH Competitor bolt several years ago on sale for $58 w/free shipping, just because it was different than OEM Ruger and inexpensive.
I have had zero problems with the JWH bolt placed inside a Nodak Spud receiver.
In this combination I'm using a Kidd stainless guide rod, and the medium spring. Just my 2 cents.

#8 ·
I just ordered the KIDD bolt and a rod and spring kit. I am going to use an oem Ruger charging handle on the KIDD rod and spring. (if it is smooth) Reason being, when I take rest on the preferred left side of the tree to zero in on a jet head and the excessively protruding KIDD charging handle touches the tree or anything else then the bolt that is SO SMOOTH will sometimes go out of battery. I have been cutting the KIDD charging handle off to a nub with a dremil but it is kinda crappy looking when I do it. :bthumb:

#9 ·
X

I'm just getting started learning about 22 caliber and screwing new pieces together. Last month I completed my first. I wanted to use a Custom Shooting Technologies receiver and Kidd Ultralight barrel. The parts went together with a slight interference fit and only needed a bump to seat everything. Absolutely no issues so far using Norma Tac-Match ammo. The base model receiver cost a little more than Kidd but so far fit and finish was great.

#14 ·
when I was building rifles for the nieces and nephews, I bought a bunch of the first generation JWH Competitor bolts when they were closing them out for around $30..a couple are still sitting in the parts bin, but I have a bunch of rounds on the one of them that's in my rifle, and I like it a lot...if JWH wanted $100 I wouldn't have purchased them, I would have went KIDD for that money, but 3 for the price of one couldn't be beat

#15 ·
I personally haven't had great luck with JWH bolts. I know many people here have but not me. I also heard that they haven't been getting back to people who are having issues with their products which for me personally is the reason I won't give them another shot.

#16 ·
I personally haven't had great luck with JWH bolts. I know many people here have but not me. I also heard that they haven't been getting back to people who are having issues with their products which for me personally is the reason I won't give them another shot.
What kind of problems did you experience with JWH? So the KIDD is really a much higher quality bolt? Reason I ask I am going to order an aftermarket bolt soon.

#18 ·
I just built another custom with mainly Kidd parts.

Having both bolts, if the price is reasonably close, I will buy the Kidd. If there is a significant savings I will buy the JWH.

I have a couple JWH bolts around here somewhere. If I could find them I would use them.:eek:

#22 ·
They are 20”, so it won’t work for what you need.

I put my last one in a Victor Titan stock with the Kingston Armory steel receiver. It looks awesome. Even though the stock is shaped for a Bull barrel, this Heavy Sporter looks good in it. I can’t tell any accuracy difference between the Kidd Bull and the Kidd Heavy Sporter barrels.

#25 ·
I have 12 1022s , 11 have jwh bolts and handles,allin oem receivers, $50 for both is a great deal. The 13th , a Kingston receiver, wouldnt run with one , but it does with an oem bolt. Bought a muzzle break from them, to use in lieu of a thread protector, works just fine. Bought an adjustable v block from them, came with no instructions, when i emailed for instructions, they sent a link to someone else’s utube video on how to put in a barrel and a std v block, when i asked for specific information on their product, no response and i was blocked from buying future sale items on one of their 2 ebay sites.

When i asked why again no response. When i asked about the difference between the competition bolt and the the other bolts , no reply. Communication is not their forte.

FYI they also make tortilla presses.

I have a box full of oem bolts, and am thinking about sending them of to cpc.but as i have no desire to have more 1022s , at this time, thats on hold, for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.