Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:28 PM
bangbang
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ_islandguy View Post
I just looked online and found a very nice K31 Jubilee in 22LR. After seeing the asking price, I needed an extra dose of my blood pressure meds. I'll stick with the 1889 for now.
What model and caliber is your's?
I got both. I forgot i had the 1889. Its in 22LR.

But the K31 is the Jubilee in 22LR. I was searching for a real trainer for a long time, but when i saw a K31, it hit the spot. Its more purty with the gold engraved. I usually dont go for gold other than on my crowns, but it was tastefully done and not all over the place.

unfortunately i none of them have been out to the range. I think. getting old sucks. but i may try to get both out before i sell them.

The K31 was damaged by questionable fork lift driver, but not so much its non functional. But i think it probably put off the importer to file a claim on it. In any case, there was nothing other than the rifle. I wanted the hangtag/target,but that wasnt included.

Just finding some cool trainers is getting harder depending on the toy.

you maybe surprised what countries used 22LR for train/trainers. ANY caliber used in training can get spendy. A train load not so bad, but every month/year over time can get spendy.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:53 AM
PAshutr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very cool rifle; I owned 4 or 5 K31s back when you could pick them up for $120.00 at a local shop. One of my biggest regrets in collecting was not keeping a K31!

I never knew these Swiss .22 conversions existed; now I have something else to keep an eye out for! As I get older I have started to appreciate the .22 much more; especially the training rifles.

With dime size groups at 50yds shes a shooter for sure! Thank you for the pictures!

Pashutr
Old 03-07-2020, 01:03 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAshutr View Post
Very cool rifle; I owned 4 or 5 K31s back when you could pick them up for $120.00 at a local shop. One of my biggest regrets in collecting was not keeping a K31!

I never knew these Swiss .22 conversions existed; now I have something else to keep an eye out for! As I get older I have started to appreciate the .22 much more; especially the training rifles.

With dime size groups at 50yds shes a shooter for sure! Thank you for the pictures!

Pashutr
What year was that? My reference to buying K31's for $20.00 was in 1970.

AJ
Old 03-07-2020, 04:56 PM
PAshutr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AJ,

That would have been around 2006 or so! We had a sporting good shop in Great Falls Montana that would get in 4 or 5 K31s at a time.

PA
Old 03-07-2020, 05:51 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAshutr View Post
AJ,

That would have been around 2006 or so! We had a sporting good shop in Great Falls Montana that would get in 4 or 5 K31s at a time.

PA
PA,

The shop in N.C. probably had about 100 K31's, and M98's in 8MM and I think M95's in 7MM. Wish I had bought more and kept them all.

AJ