Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-30-2019, 04:52 PM
marlin maddness

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking KIDD 10-22

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about there completed guns ? Do they shoot very well and are they worth the extra money ? I was looking at there "Supergrade Premium Rifle" Any thoughts ?

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-22L...ild_p_159.html
Old 11-30-2019, 04:57 PM
ronc80

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
$1,200 for a 22? Seems a tad steep. But that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You either shoot with a Kidd... Or against one. I have a 2007 Supergrade built by Kidd it's a LOT of rifle and when you price all the stuff separately, $1,200 isn't much for a .22.
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2019, 05:12 PM
WVdavidB

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Never personally shot one but I've got that or more tied up in my Tac Sol after adding a trigger and AR style chassis plus all the features. I considered a Kidd but the Tac Sol showed up at the LGS so it followed me home. I don't think you go wrong with one from everything I've read or seen about them.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2019, 05:34 PM
pblanc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You might be able to assemble one yourself a bit cheaper.

I am in the process of assembling an all KIDD 10/22 with a single stage trigger and 18" bull barrel on a Magpul Hunter X-22 stock. When all is said and done, I will have a little under $900 invested in parts.

The only thing that is in any way tricky is assembling the barrel in the receiver. Everything else just follows routine assembly procedures.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:35 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
We see this type of thread every few months... Newbs to the site have not heard
There is not a better shooting semi on the market.. NUN BEDA
Top shelf quality from a maker that is state-of-the-art up to date with the finest equipment and knowledge out there. T. KIDD is a Master Gunsmith.

He entered the 10/22 market many years back after he left the Military as a Master Gunsmith with his 2-stage trigger that is still the best bench grade on the market... he grew to where he is today.

Here is a good read from way way back... https://www.kiddinnovativedesign.com...rel_df_44.html

I own many KIDD barreled rifles... many that are 75-90% KIDD and one Supergrade rifle. I have shot local/informal matches and won many.. embarrassed several Buddies with their "best" shooters.

KIDD rifles and or components are worth every penny.

Here is KIDD Supergrade of today video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b_Ur6kFpe0

Last edited by Chaser; 11-30-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:49 PM
ronc80

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok I'll retract my earlier statement some what anyway. For the serious 22 enthusiast not bad. I'm buying a new hunting rifle this year and I'm not even flinching at the ones that are $2500 and beyond. Just dont tell the wife.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2019, 06:21 PM
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I echo everything Chaser said, and he knows his stuff. I have a KIDD Supergrade and LOVE it. It is an amazing rifle: high quality craftsmenship and VERY accurate. KIDD is simply the best 10-22 style rifle you can buy. So good in fact, that I am getting ready to purchase another one for a Rimfire Steel Challenge gun.

Buy it, you will not be disappointed.
Old 11-30-2019, 06:31 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"Buy the best and cry once" these rifles come bedded and shoot lights out !"Top of the line" With the addition of the interchangeable barrel system this makes the Super Grade even better more versatile and easier to clean .If you have the money buy one you wont regret it! I don't have the money and own five of them .
Old 12-01-2019, 11:09 AM
jsh

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got stirred up on the 10/22 platform again by a couple of friends. Looked at the magnum research, I can’t see paying half way to the KIDD just for a platform to build on. I had several 10/22’s and parted ways with them as funding for other projects. Had a couple of 52’s and an Anschutz that never got to see the daylight they deserved so parted with them.
I don’t like the looks of the magpul stock that comes with the complete rifle. B&C has a couple and Stockys has a few that look to be of use for my intended purpose. My intentions at this point are a complete barreled action with 2 stage trigger to put in a stock of my choosing.

I see “other” makers complete guns for sale on a regular basis. The only KIDD rifles I have seen were from estates, that tells me folks just tend to not turn loose of them.

My thoughts on a barreled action in a stock of my choosing I am all ears for helpful in put. I have found it easier to learn from others mistakes.
Jeff
Old 12-01-2019, 11:16 AM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Iím building another almost all Kidd rifle using their heavy tapered barrel with a threaded muzzle. The only things that are not Kidd are the Kingston Armory steel receiver, the stock and the magazine.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:56 PM
marlin maddness

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking KIDD

I looked at the super match and that's the one I'm going to order . Are there 2 screws holding the actions in the super match guns ?
Old 12-04-2019, 06:39 PM
rascally

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin maddness View Post
I looked at the super match and that's the one I'm going to order . Are there 2 screws holding the actions in the super match guns ?
From the original link description..."The receiver's front flat and rear tang are bedded."
Old 12-04-2019, 07:02 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsh View Post
I got stirred up on the 10/22 platform again by a couple of friends. Looked at the magnum research, I canít see paying half way to the KIDD just for a platform to build on. I had several 10/22ís and parted ways with them as funding for other projects. Had a couple of 52ís and an Anschutz that never got to see the daylight they deserved so parted with them.
I donít like the looks of the magpul stock that comes with the complete rifle. B&C has a couple and Stockys has a few that look to be of use for my intended purpose. My intentions at this point are a complete barreled action with 2 stage trigger to put in a stock of my choosing.

I see ďotherĒ makers complete guns for sale on a regular basis. The only KIDD rifles I have seen were from estates, that tells me folks just tend to not turn loose of them.

My thoughts on a barreled action in a stock of my choosing I am all ears for helpful in put. I have found it easier to learn from others mistakes.
Jeff
Jeff.. for you/your desire to stock it your self I suggest a slip fit Classic Rec. with the barrel of your choice and of course the trigger of your choice .. order it assembled if you don't want to do that... then plop it into whatever stock you want.. done.. it will shoot sub-MOA with decent ammo and with the right Gent behind the bang switch.
The red-lami stocked rifle in the photo's in my above post and 1 of the B & C stocked rifles in my post are done just that way.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:20 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Jeff.. for you/your desire to stock it your self I suggest a slip fit Classic Rec. with the barrel of your choice and of course the trigger of your choice .. order it assembled if you don't want to do that... then plop it into whatever stock you want.. done.. it will shoot sub-MOA with decent ammo and with the right Gent behind the bang switch.
The red-lami stocked rifle in the photo's in my above post and 1 of the B & C stocked rifles in my post are done just that way.
That's the way I would do it.

Chaser is correct. Kidd is hard to beat. I got 5 I did myself. All shoot the same. All of mine are 20" bead blast stainless barrels.

Pictured in the order I built them