Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-12-2019, 04:23 AM
Vee3

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ghosts in the workplace.

More often than not over my career working various factories, I've had employees say that they believe there's a ghost in the facility. Just this week we had a report that a machine "turned itself on" when an employee entered a building where nobody was working.

Few years back a guy who cleaned the offices came to me all upset saying that as he was vacuuming upstairs, he was pushed into a wall by some unseen force.

I always try to be empathetic, and share my own odd experiences. I try to get across that we as humans can be biased; tending to jump to conclusions based upon our particular culture and beliefs. We might not be able to explain some things that we experience, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're supernatural.

My logic always seem to fall on deaf ears though, and the ghosts win.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
We might not be able to explain some things that we experience, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're supernatural.
Me either.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:52 AM
GTS225
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee3 View Post
My logic always seem to fall on deaf ears though, and the ghosts win.

That's most likely due to one other line you wrote;
"tending to jump to conclusions based upon our particular culture and beliefs."
I suggest that you can't placate their fears with a pep talk.

Just my opinion.....Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I thought we were talking about people getting paid but not showing up.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do I do I do I do I do I do believe in spooks!!!

https://youtu.be/_8lXfAPf4Vc

https://youtu.be/_8lXfAPf4Vc?t=11

Absolutely, positively, the old fire stations are haunted! I'll tell my story another time!

R

Last edited by Rhody; 11-12-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Hovannes
US Army Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hmmm....I was the S2 and Property Book at an Army Reserve Center back in the 80's.
This was a poured concrete building circa "49 or '50 built to withstnd a nuclear attack upon what was a joint use airfield but was then (and now) a sleepy municipal downtown airport in the " inner city"
As the "2" I spent a bit of time working on various projects by myself.
The unit that originally occupied this building in the 50's was wiped out, nearly to the man, during the Korean War.
I knew one survivor who carried his deceased Sargent's shrapnel like bone fragments with him to his grave.

Anyway, one Summer afternoon I show up----there are no other cars in the parking lot---I'm by myself, flying my government desk on the second floor and I hear troops falling into formation. The roll call muted, I go to the window and look down at the parking lot--it's empty. I go to the main hall where indoor formations would have been conducted ---and nobody is there.

Thick concrete is a good insulator so the air temp was always cool in that Reserve Center even on summer days when it's 110 degrees outside. That day though, it was downright chilly.

I returned to my desk to finish up my reports and this time I heard what sounded like calisthenics being conducted.

This happened on numerous occasions while I was with this unit.

Ghosts?
Old 11-12-2019, 12:48 PM
RalphM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sitting in a old pub looking out of the window only drinking tea as I was driving,
wife gets up and says she is going to the ladies, she walks past me but within seconds
I feel someone standing at my side and think she had returned to ask something,
look to the side and standing there is a old woman dressed like a 1800's serving
wench, mop cap a leather apron and what looked like a long shepards crook but
instead of a crook at the top it had a piece coming off at 90% with a ball on the end.
I thought it was someone in period dress but then she just faded away, a few secs
later the bar girl came over and asked if I was ok, then the bartender, I asked is
this pub haunted? they said no I said it is now telling them the tail, they stopped
me on the way out and chatted about it but I think they knew full well what I had
seen and were keeping quiet about it.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:54 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
instead of a crook at the top it had a piece coming off at 90% with a ball on the end.
Does such a thing exist in history? And, if so, what was its purpose?
Old 11-12-2019, 01:09 PM
RalphM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have seen many shepherds crooks but not just like the one she had, a better
description may have been a very long walking stick.
I could imagine it such a thing being used to keep order sort of a long range shillelagh.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:45 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My problem is the ghost at my work eats too much taco bell.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:53 PM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
"I thought we were talking about people getting paid but not showing up."

Close to my thought - people who show up and get paid, but do little to no work.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:58 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Being from New England. I tend to believe.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:07 PM
RJF22553
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not in the workplace, but at home our two dogs would often raise their heads and stare at a place (the stairwell behind us) while we were all in the family room. They wouldn't growl or anything, but it was uncanny: they were certainly looking at something!

My wife said she thinks we have a benevolent ghost in the house, who loves dogs and is fascinated with electronics. Can't say as I doubt that...

We're on old Civil War land, very near the Chancellorsville and Wilderness battlefields.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:19 PM
ammohog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I do realize the mind will play tricks on you, but there are some things that are very difficult to "explain away". Especially the dream visits from "friends" and relatives, and after that happens, you find out they have passed a few days or weeks even years earlier. For some reason, you don't forget those dreams like you do most others. Concerned enough, I talked to a few Pastors about this. Very interesting what they had to say. And by the way, they all said about the same thing, some in much detail, and some shared their similar experiences with me. At least now I feel better about what has happened. It was very shocking at first, considering the subject matter and reality factor. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Had me worried for a while.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:55 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
My mother was psychic and I have experienced so much concerning her abilities that I KNOW FOR SURE that there are spirits around us.