The Watering Hole 11-11-2019 - Page 17 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 11:23 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Uh oh, evening news says there's been a liquor shortage in the big stores here for months now. Booze commission says they'll try and rectumfy the situation especially with rifle deer season beginning this Fri the 15th. Horrors!! Might have to supplement ye olde deer camps with some private stashe cannabis to whip up some attitude adjusters. Some garden hose and a cleaned up bait bucket with some ingenuity oughta make a working bong of sorts in case nobody knows how to spin up a doob out of tp eh Dlong.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:37 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dinner out with SisterIL, her hubby and Wifey. Started out going to a restaurant. Ended up at Red Robin. Because it was next door to Sam's Club. SIL bought a new pre-lite Christmas tree.

Watched CMA. Now crash. 9 AM at Charter School. 1:30 dermatologist. May have to cut on back. Spot on shoulder blade itches and hurts. 26 degrees.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, Ranger, dlong, Greggie, Atonic, RichJ, Mike, CMR, AZ, M92, Rock, wr, COW, Brent, Hawkeye, Gerald, Phil, Squirrel, koonta, Wayne, jnyork, OldDave, JV, 404, JV, 1917, GP, JDWin, IHMS, Johnny, pans, RonL, carrij, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight

PS: https://www.wral.com/cows-cast-away-...land/18763431/

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 11-13-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:57 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Luck with the derm doc Mayor. Ask for a sucker.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:07 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Nuther 12" in Seney Wolf.
Sigh.

Didn't bother to clean my drive until Wednesday afternoon. Got about 2/3 cleaned off while the final 1/3 is wind blown frozen crunch. Temperatures to reach above freezing every day for a few. so will remove the frozen crunch as it softens.

Seemed to be shoveling more leaves than s### at times. The end of the drive was mostly leaves pushed there by the snow plow. Now piled back in the street for city leaf pick up. Tree in my front yard is down to a few tenacious hanger ons. Some of the neighborhood trees still have a majority of their leaves.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:59 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

It's Fifty-Two degrees outside at the moment, with some light rain scattered about.

I'll spend some time in my ballistic lab, after breakfast. Then go into werk for a bit.

I may, or may not, decide to pay off the O/U .410 today, and bring it home. It would leave me a bit short on cash, so I may just leave it there another week. First world problems, as our Evil Admin Lady is want to say.

No Sneaux shoveling report to relay, as I've still not located a sneaux shovel, or any sneaux.

Plenty of booze around these parts. If the Yoopers are really thirsty, they'll make the drive.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:31 AM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Iím still fixer uppin my house and Iíve been in it for 26 years. Never ends. It becomes a hobby. In 6 months it will be all mine.
A long time ago someone told me you live with all the things that are wrong with a house and then you fix them all right before you sell it.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:09 AM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Data isn't too hard. It's remembering where I got all the downloaded programs, setting up the mail, etc.
All of my data goes into my Mike's files folder. Then I have Karen's Files and Other's file as the 3 main data folders.
Missing programs can be a killer. Fonts - dont forget the fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Might also go by Best Buy and see what they're offering 'puter-wise but might be a bit like jumping into the shark pool.
If you unplug the anti-theft device the blue shirts come right over.

BB is OK, not bad deals and not pushy salespeople. You do get to see / feel / hear what the computer is like. You could smell them, I don't recommend licking em. Some put off more heat, the keyboard has a weird feel.

You might pay $30-50 more than on line and then what ever the sales tax situation is. Newegg didn't have any deals that were great. HP followed by Lenovo as far as market share make them fairly good deals.

We narrowed it down to HP and some key features. Then made sure it had some secondary needs/wants covered. I don't like the ports being near the right front of a laptop as on of my little nuance preferences. Get's in the way of me vigorous mousing around. Not a deal breaker, more of a tie breaker. Staying off the bleeding edge is where the deal are.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:36 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Nuther 12" in Seney Wolf.
Should make the mooses easier to catch.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:47 AM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Question: would it be better to wait until after Christmas for the better deals , if buying new?
You'll probably get a better deal waiting until at least after Thanksgiving but a lot of those smokin' deal prices are machines lacking in features. I'll be looking for the features and try to find the best price rather than taking Dad's crazy approach.

Dad would study the ink off the pages doing his research to zero in on just the perfect choice.... then buy the cheapest one on the shelf when he actually got to the shop. We spent days... nay, weeks... researching his last TV purchase then he bought the one sitting beside it on the shelf because it was $10 cheaper. Old habits die hard, and all that.

Quote:
And anyway, having a lack of technical support after the first of the year does not mean it won't still run on 7.
It's not so much the lack of tech support that concerns my tech savvy neighbor as it is the exposure to viruses and other illnesses that can be picked up online. "Support" includes those periodic patches and updates downloaded and installed automatically that help plug up the holes that are discovered now and then. He keeps his old machines running on outdated OS but uses them for purposes not connected to the 'net, such as running movies in his home theatre, running his wildcat radio station, etc.

Quote:
Local photog won't say where he took this recent 3 horn(antlers as some insist) pic...
Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
A long time ago someone told me you live with all the things that are wrong with a house and then you fix them all right before you sell it.
Hah! A lot of truth in that.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:59 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Really the case if the buyer is going thru the VA for a loan I read.
Quote:
If you unplug the anti-theft device the blue shirts come right over.
Thats what the kid helping me said.
BB is OK, not bad deals and not pushy salespeople. You do get to see / feel / hear what the computer is like. .
Touchy feely is Rhody's specialty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Should make the mooses easier to catch.
Wild Yooper dogs aren't sounding off at dusk and during the night like days of olde yet are still there, or back again, I hear.

A spikehorn with 11.25" antlers trotted down the sidewalk while I was filling my water glass this morning.

18˚...time to shovel it before the heat wave turning it to slop and nites turning it to iron.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:03 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Wild Yooper dogs aren't sounding off at dusk and during the night like days of olde yet are still there, or back again, I hear.
I was thinking wolfs, but OK.
A spikehorn with 11.25" antlers trotted down the sidewalk while I was filling my water glass this morning.
Are you sure it wasn't 11.3" horns?
Old 11-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Really the case if the buyer is going thru the VA for a loan I read.
The rest of that was "so you might as well fix it and enjoy it yourself".
Old 11-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Are you sure it wasn't 11.3" horns?
Actually they were probably closer to 12-13" but I'm usually under with all my guesstimates.

By wild dogs I meant both coyotes n wolves.

Years back when mouth calling coyotes at dark, a couple miles from the hunting shack, a couple song dogs lit up within 100 yds of me. Before they finished singing a wolf sounded off approx. 1/2 the distance closer with a warning song telling em, "The human is mine!" I wasn't afraid but rather in total reverence of the moment knowing it wouldn't ever happen again. Buggers had my dying rabbit calling figured out, held back out of sight in the thick stuff, and had to tell the world I was busted.
My memory never was stellar but I'm doing my best to relive the 5 star ones circling the drain within.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:46 AM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
No Sneaux shoveling report to relay, as I've still not located a sneaux shovel, or any sneaux.
Growing up in MN I often heard my Uncle joke that he was going to strap a snow shovel to the grill of his truck. Next, he was going to drive south and discover the first place where people would ask him what in the world was that thing tied to his truck grill. Thatís where he was going to retire.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:47 AM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
dlong, the disco king, rubbing shoulders with rump and other notables?

Mid to late 70's the R.A.M. in Leadville was where it was happening.
For a second there I thought you wrote Ramrod. Thatís OK, nothing wrong with that.
......Tom Petty
Closed Thread