What is the type and size of the two screws securing the new style adjustable - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-21-2021, 11:38 AM
JonHarmon

Join Date: 
Nov 2021
Posts: 
14
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What is the type and size of the two screws securing the new style adjustable



Log in to see fewer ads
Looks like to remove the new style adjustable rear, I need to remove two screws left and right of the elevation adjustment, or does that big adjustment screw need to back out too?

I can't see that there's even screw heads in here, much less type/size. Anyone help me out here?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-21-2021, 12:07 PM
MackDaddy1962 is online now

Join Date: 
Nov 2014
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
215
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHarmon View Post
Looks like to remove the new style adjustable rear, I need to remove two screws left and right of the elevation adjustment, or does that big adjustment screw need to back out too?

I can't see that there's even screw heads in here, much less type/size. Anyone help me out here?

Don't know the size, but they're allen key screws (teeny, tiny little devils too.) They do need to come out if you're wanting to remove the rear sight assembly. I think they're SAE, not metric (but don't hold me to that.)

I just dug through my little allen key stash, and can't find the one that fits. But I know I've got it somewhere, as I removed them on both of my MkIV's to add a dab-o-blue LocTite.

Edit: Found it!! Man, it's the smallest Allen key I've ever had. I've got no idea what size it is, but I do know it's smaller than 1.5mm or 5/64". Tiny little Devil!

Last edited by MackDaddy1962; 11-21-2021 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Add content
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-21-2021, 02:04 PM
JonHarmon

Join Date: 
Nov 2021
Posts: 
14
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddy1962 View Post

Edit: Found it!! Man, it's the smallest Allen key I've ever had. I've got no idea what size it is, but I do know it's smaller than 1.5mm or 5/64". Tiny little Devil!
Okay that is tiny indeed, guess I'll have to get a micro kit if I can't find a single of the known size.

Thanks for letting me know, how tight was it in the dovetail once you got those out btw?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 11-21-2021, 03:26 PM
Captdave221
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2019
Location: 
Belleville, Il.
Posts: 
169
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I believe that.....

It is a .050" Allen wrench
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-2021, 03:43 PM
MackDaddy1962 is online now

Join Date: 
Nov 2014
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
215
TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHarmon View Post
Okay that is tiny indeed, guess I'll have to get a micro kit if I can't find a single of the known size.

Thanks for letting me know, how tight was it in the dovetail once you got those out btw?
I never tried to get the rear sights out, I just wanted to add Loctite to the "set screws" for added insurance. I think, if memory serves me correct.. the rear sight was super tight in the dovetail even without the set screws.

I'll never use the irons on these guns, but have no desire to remove them either.

Last edited by MackDaddy1962; 11-21-2021 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Add content
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-21-2021, 05:13 PM
JonHarmon

Join Date: 
Nov 2021
Posts: 
14
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
^ah okay gotcha, that makes sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdave221 View Post
It is a .050" Allen wrench
Awesome I'll skip the entire micro set and just get the single, thank you (again) Capt Dave!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x