Inappropriate content filter for images? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-17-2021, 06:50 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Inappropriate content filter for images?

Strange, I've never seen this before. I tried to post a relevant to the thread meme and got the following error message.....

"Your post contains inappropriate content. Please remove the link and submit again."

Are certain sites, keywords, etc blocked or something? Is RFC meme-free?

Just curiosity really, but it might be a bug in a filter unless intended.

For the record, below is the meme without any BB code

I think I have answered my own curiosity... even without code it's not allowed to be posted.

The site is meme crunch.com and spelled out in one word, it give the content warning to remove the link.
Old 11-17-2021, 06:59 PM

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I've run into the same problem trying to post a link to a legit news site. I don't know what is causing it but stripping off the http so it doesn't post as a link gives enough for members to get to the site should they choose.

In the case of meme crunch, from looking at some of the ...er... things on the page I'm guessing there is a possibility it has been blacklisted at some point upstream from the menus available to me.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That site has been associated with malware embedded in images posted to twittter, so it's it's probably on a block list.

I sure as heck wouldn't use my main computer to check it out, and I'm glad this site blocks it (although my local protection would probably filter it out anyway..)

Last edited by eflyguy; 11-17-2021 at 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2021, 07:27 PM
Signmaster
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Neither content or the malware stuff came to my head. Then again I didn't go looking for the racy content.... not naming names here!

I just did a quick search and came up with the meme for the Blackhawk down safety scene.... this is my safety sir.
Old 11-17-2021, 07:48 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I can't find any current threats, but did find examples of embedded malware from 2-3 years ago.

Embedded malware is the same as malvertising. The site itself may be fine and trusted, but they are hosting/embedding/linking to malicious content. That's probably what happened with Sophia's news site link. My own domain gets blocked by my bank all the time, because other GoDaddy-hosted domains have "issues"..
Old 11-18-2021, 12:57 PM
RFCTest
RFC Tech Support

RFC Tech Support
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just chiming in to confirm what's already been said. Site uses a 3rd party system to block what it considers "dangerous" sites. It's a bit of a hit and miss system, but overall does more good then harm

Kevin
Old 11-18-2021, 01:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not going to beat this dead horse much more, but from what I've determined, this site was previously compromised and serving up malware, not publicly exposed because they weren't a publicly-traded company so not required.

That data may not be accurate because, by way of example as I previously said, my email domain gets blocked by my bank and I haven't even used web-hosting in several years. I shut down my web site about a decade ago.

Last edited by eflyguy; 11-18-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Commish
US Marines Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Every time I go to RFC I must ď LOG IN ď, two, three times a day. Itís ok, But am I missing something that Will keep me logged in for a longer period.
Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
Commish
US Marines Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Sorry, I posted in the wrong place.