A Successful Range Day - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-11-2021, 04:44 AM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A Successful Range Day

Today I took my Mark IV 22/45 Lite with me to the range along with my Colt 1911 22.

The 22/45 has been modified by putting a Volquartsen Accurizing Kit in it, the VQ Bolt, Carolina Crusher Compensator, Tandemkross Victory Trigger, Cornerstone Safety and Striplin Thumb Rest. It also has a C-More Railway with a 12 MOA Dot.

I started out at 10 yards on a Bianchi Tombstone Target. I've been shooting too fast and wild lately so my goal was to slow down a bit and make all of my hits into the X ring. Sights were dead on and I fired 100 rounds at this distance to get comfortable.

Next, since I had a nice aiming dot in the center of the target I sent the target to the 25 yard line. Here my goal is to just keep them in the A Zone. I had been shooting CCI Blazer 40 grain rounds but for the 25 yard line I switched to CCI SV.

I fired a box of 50 and only had 2 rounds out of the A. Shooting slower really helped me during this practice session.

I'm anxious to see how I can do Sunday at our Steel Challenge Match, picking up speed but trying to stay on the center of the targets. Most targets are 10, 12 inch round plates and 18X24 plates as well. Targets run from 7 yards to 35.

I put up a second target to test my new Colt ( Walther ). I've been playing with the trigger since it was 9.5 pounds when I got the gun. Not being a gunsmith on 1911s I decided to just buy a drop-in trigger kit from Cylinder & Slide along with new sear springs that I could replace to get the best action.

I have to admit, I'm really stating to like this gun. It now has a 3.5 pound trigger and groups real well. I may use it as a RimFire Pistol Iron at one of our Steel Challenge Matches.