Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:17 PM
PatC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
difference

Looking at triggers now ans was wondering the difference in the Kidd's 2 stage triggers and single stage? Is Kidd the way to go or should I be looking else where?
Old 10-28-2016, 12:29 PM
RCP Phx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can't get any better than KIDD, but in your other post there was no mention of benchrest stocks or shooting. For the non-competitor a single stage trigger is usually the more common!
Old 10-28-2016, 12:55 PM
PatC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP Phx View Post
You can't get any better than KIDD, but in your other post there was no mention of benchrest stocks or shooting. For the non-competitor a single stage trigger is usually the more common!
Sorry my first build, as far as stocks I'm leaning towards Boyd stocks their Blaster stock and the rest of componets will probably be Kidd unless you have better recommendations. This will just be for pure enjoyment unlikely I will compete, however I would like a very accurate rifle out to no more than 100 yards. If you have any suggestions please let me know, like I said this is all new to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2016, 01:00 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
From KIDD site:

How do I choose a trigger pull weight which is right for me?
Two stage trigger:
Benchrest only: 6 ounces
Benchrest and standing target: 1 pound to 1.5 pounds
Standing target/silhouette: 1 pound to 1.5 pounds
Silhouette/varmint: 1.5 pound to 2.5 pounds
Varmint: 2 pounds to 2.5 pounds

Single stage trigger:
Benchrest only: 1.5 pounds
Benchrest and standing target: 1 .5 pound to 2.5 pounds
Standing target/silhouette: 1.5 pounds to 2.5 pounds
Silhouette/varmint: 1.5 pounds to 2.5 pounds
Varmint: 2.5 pounds to 4 pounds

Can I adjust the trigger pull weight myself?
Our two stage trigger weight is adjusted by turning the 1/16th hex wrench in the rear of the trigger clockwise to increase the weight and counterclockwise to decrease the weight. The top screw sets the weight on the 1st stage; the bottom screw (#135) sets the weight on the 2nd stage. When adjusting the weight, there is no need to adjust the .050 set screws on the side or the outer-rim slotted screw around the 1/16th hex. (See more instructions on the page.)

Our single stage trigger weight is adjustable via the plunger protruding out of the trigger guard in back of the trigger blade. In order to access this plunger, the hammer must be up. To increase the weight turn the 1/16th hex clockwise; this is a bit of a blind hole. (See more instructions on the FQA-Videos-PDF page.)

Is the anodizing on the trigger durable?
Anodizing is an electrolytic passivation process used to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of aluminum parts. Anodizing increases corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and provides better adhesion for paint primers and glues than bare metal.

Do I want a straight or curved trigger?
Two stage trigger: A curved trigger works with every type of stock and is highly recommended in a sporter style stock. A straight trigger is a great addition to a target stock with a pistol grip or the thumb hole style stock (benchrest, silhouette). The straight
trigger allows for a more natural placement of your trigger finger with the specified stocks.

Single stage trigger: has one trigger style and it comes in the same color as the trigger guard, we did a hybrid type style between curved and straight for this trigger blade.

Does the straight trigger come installed?
Two stage trigger: Yes, we will install the straight trigger. If you already own a KIDD Trigger with a curved trigger, but desire a straight trigger, simply purchase the trigger blade product #79 and follow the tutorial video on that product page to install it. Or mail it to us and we can change it.

Can I install the straight trigger myself?
Two stage trigger: If your trigger was purchased in 2010 or later, you can probably do this yourself.
You must remove the trigger from the receiver so that you have a top down view. Pry out the main spring retainer, spring and strut from the top of the unit. Put the safety on so that the
hammer and sear don't become locked. With the hammer spring out of the way, you will be able to see two hex screws. Loosen the 1/16th hex so that the trigger blade and dowel pin can be pulled back. Then put the new trigger blade in and do everything in reverse.

Why does the straight trigger cost extra?
Two stage trigger: The straight trigger blade cost more, because it is an added feature; we pay additional cost for the production of this product.

If I buy the KIDD Match Trigger today, when will it be shipped?
It will be shipped signature required on the following business day.

Will the KIDD Match Trigger fit in a magnum rifle?
Two stage trigger: Yes, the KIDD match trigger is a drop in unit without any modification. You will only need to purchase the magnum hammer spring.
Single stage trigger: Yes, there is no modification required.

Can I change the magazine lever myself?
Two stage and single stage triggers: Yes, the magazine lever is a very simple change with our new interchangeable release system. It is as simple as turning a key. Watch the video on this page to help you. Click Here!

Videos : http://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Prod...eos_df_36.html
Old 10-28-2016, 01:01 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Now... after all THAT

I say there is no finer trigger on the market.. choose what fit's your needs.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:17 PM
stevebla
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Kidd single stage and have never regretted the money spent.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:21 PM
PatC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok thanks everyone hopefully I'm on the right track.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:24 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatC View Post
Ok thanks everyone hopefully I'm on the right track.
Success and everlasting smiles is what I call the right track
Old 10-29-2016, 06:25 AM
OleFreak
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Success and everlasting smiles is what I call the right track
^^^ +1 ^^^ All Chaser posted here, there’s nutin finer than a Kidd.
I prefer a single stage where there’s hardly any perceived movement of the trigger blade, set anywhere within its pull weight adjustment range down to its bare minimum of a bit less than one pound. If it’s just gotta be less, only then do I opt for a two stage and ‘tolerate’ the blade travel through the first stage to get at that truly flyweight goodie.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:57 AM
kanoradodave

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I have both a single stage and a 2 stage and both are excellent and worth the money. But I have found that maybe the accuracy claims of their barrels may be a stretch. The single stage is a 1.5 in a charger and you have to be careful or sometimes it will bump fire while in a sandbag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2016, 07:11 AM
OleFreak

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoradodave View Post
I have both a single stage and a 2 stage and both are excellent and worth the money. But I have found that maybe the accuracy claims of their barrels may be a stretch. The single stage is a 1.5 in a charger and you have to be careful or sometimes it will bump fire while in a sandbag

Something’s not right with your Kidd Single Stage if it’s releasing the hammer without your finger contacting the trigger blade. Call ‘em …
Old 10-29-2016, 07:36 AM
bdickers

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have a KIDD 2-stage straight blade trigger in the KIDD rifle I put together. Mine is a 12oz trigger, 6oz first stage to the "wall" then 6 oz to fire. This trigger is very light but absolutely consistent. Like all KIDD components, the trigger group is a functional work of art, beautifully made and functionality that is without peer in my experience.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:22 AM
zukiphile

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleFreak View Post
Something’s not right with your Kidd Single Stage if it’s releasing the hammer without your finger contacting the trigger blade. Call ‘em …
I've had this using an AR on bags.

I think he means that the rifle recoils into his shoulder, then recovers forward re-engaging his finger. A light trigger with short re-set and poor follow through will do this, ...and get you unwanted attention at a public range.

EDIT -

GH41, that's a solid and succinct explanation below.

Last edited by zukiphile; 10-29-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:04 AM
GH41

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I think we need to explain the differences between single and two stage triggers. For the purpose of making the math simple I'll use 3 pound triggers as the example. A good single stage would have little perceivable take up and break cleanly at 3#. A 3# two stage could be set up to take 1 1/2# to reach the second stage (Wall) and 1 1/2# to break for 3# total. In this example a 1 1/2# single stage would be needed to perform like the 3# two stage. Single stages are not prefered for target shooting unless the are light enough to make them dangerous for general use. Two stages allow you to run a lighter trigger with the safety provided by the take up stage. Hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:50 AM
PatC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoradodave View Post

Are you saying they will not shoot 1/2" groups at 50 yrds? If there is a better barrel please let me know, I don't want to spend all this money when I could spent a little more and get a more accurate barrel.