Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My Favorite Savage

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Frontstuffer 
#1 ·
Well, four of them anyway. From the top:
1919 NRA Match rifle. This is my first vintage Savage rifle.
1922 Sporter
19-33 NRA Match rifle. The 1922 and 19-33 are the latest additions to the collection
Savage Arms/Stevens 120. This is a fantastic tin can killer. A really fun and relaxing little plinker that is darn accurate.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
My Savage 1922, 19 nra match, 23aa with the 3 different bolts. 19NRA magazine is pretty mint and so is the metal. 1922 redone as I mentioned in another post. 23aa all original, probably redoing at some point. My 23a is on its way. 2 more to go.

Attachments

#8 ·
My Savage 4c, Stevens 66c and my favorite, Savage Mark ll. 4c has correct rear 105 peep sight. I really like the 105 sight. 3 apertures in 1 sight. 6c has 55s. The Mark ll thumbhole is so comfortable. Accutrigger is super smooth. I am definitely in my "Happy place" whenever I take it out.

Attachments

#10 ·
Thanks Ken! That FV is from 2004 I believe. Bought it at Dicks in Burnsville. The wood is really nice on it. Bought my son the Matching thumbhole Cub for my son then. Awesome wood on that one too. That 19 is nice. Only shot it once. Maybe I can get it out on Sunday.😊
Did u make it to Lakeville? Going to Morristown next month?

#11 · (Edited)
Yes, I was at Lakeville Saturday morning. I bought some, but not all of a vendors 6.5x55 gallery ammunition. In hind sight I should have got it all.

I plan on being at Morristown in May.

Looking at your rifles, I need to keep my eyes open for a 4c or one of the variants.

I really like the 1919, I shot it a lot last fall for fun and practice. I was tempted to use it for the winter league match a bunch of us shoot at the Faribault club. It will hold it's own against the Anchutz on an indoor range.

Ken

#12 ·
I am hoping to go to Champlain next weekend.
Will go to Morristown. Had a seasonal at Kamp Dels in Waterville for 5 years and never made it over to the gun show. I have a Swedish Mauser.
Pretty rough and short. My dad gave it to me. I
You shoot at the Faribault gun club? I just started really shooting and collecting 2 1/2 years ago. I would probably come in last at any competitions. Lol There is a 4c on gun broker. No peep sight though.

#13 · (Edited)
I sadly own only one Savage. It's a mkii TR limited store edition I picked up from dicks sporting goods 9 years back. It has the fluted heavy barrel, accutrigger, and the TR target stock which is desert digital camo from the factory.

It's currently topped with a Bushnell AR 4-16. Other than the heavy DIP bottom plate and threaded barrel, its basically stock. I bought it when my son was born and it's his now. We've put many thousands upon thousands of round through it and brought many smiles. It shoots as good now as it ever did in the past.

It is easily my best firearms purchase I've ever made in decades of owning a great many.

#14 ·
My Utica production Model 6A, with the # 105 aperture sight.
With Aguila Super Xtra 40, Eley Contact or CCI standard velocity, sub inch 50 yard groups are the NORM. Best so far, CCI s.v., was a 3/16ths 3 round jaw dropper.
Accurate, 100% reliable and a plain HOOT to shoot, she's my runaway favorite .22. Looooong, but very smooth, trigger pull and all. I've had my share of Savages, centerfires, but this 6A is my favorite Savage of all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.