Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Show me your Annie

662K views 1K replies 510 participants last post by  Baernutz 
#1 ·
We had a picture thread going here for a while, that for whatever reason went away. I'd like to start another one - as you guys know, I like threads with lots of pictures..

Here's my current pride & joy.. a Signature series made in 1999 for the turn of the century...

and here's the same rifle in an Anschutz Bavarian style stock I got off ebay a few years back..

See less See more
#119 ·
Black Beauty

This is one of my stable that wandered in one day, it was living in a range armoury for 4 years and no one wanted it. It had been neglected, had very small pitting in the action and rusting of the barrel where people had handled it and never cleaned it.

Stock was stripped and done in two pack polyurethane with epoxy bases. Action was machined and polished with a crankshaft linisher. Barrel polished with linisher then glass beaded. Recrowned barrel and blueprinted action parts. Milled out the woodwork from the action base points, epoxy filled and remachined for solid posts and contact. The rest is a bren gun rebuilt to suit, retaining the folding mechanism though.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc8/Photobucket_pic/IMG_2933.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc8/Photobucket_pic/IMG_2934.jpg

#128 ·
Thank you. If I posted ALL of the collection it would take a while. The collection is fairly large, but those are the only Anschutz. The 2013 has been discontinued. This was the last one Champion's Choice had in Aug-04. Anschutz still makes a 54 action Bench Rest rifle, but not in the square action of the past.

#132 · (Edited)
You are quite correct.

The rifle is fitted with a Lightforce SL140 Scope Mounted Lamp as we are allowed to shoot varmints at night using a lamp or Night Vision, the red filter is to stop the rabbits getting sensitised to a particular colour, so I tend to alternate between the red filter and a plain (white).

I have a larger lamp fitted to my Tikka .222 REM, with an orange filter that I use for fox control out to around 175 yds at night.

We are also allowed to use silencers for vermin control and whilst on an HMR or centrefire you can never really silence a supersonic round it does reduce the noise to a very nice level - if shooting rabbits at 100 yds+ with the HMR you can take a shot, drop one bunny and the others often take no notice, thus it is possible to drop a full magazines' worth (4) without them moving as rabbits seem unable to discern where the sound is coming from at that range.

I also have a couple of .22 Rimmies both fitted with silencers and used with subsonic ammunition, these are virtually silent but you are normally using them a lot closer so after one shot the animal has gotten a "fix" on your permission. The .22 is good if you are shooting on a very windy night and it also messes the kills up less than HMR if you get a few "Engine Room" shots.

I have a friend who comes over regularly from NJ as he loves to go shooting at night with silenced rifles.

Weird how we have some very tough laws here but in other ways the Home office is quite flexible!