Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-29-2021, 11:18 AM
jps2486

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Vudoo Cleaning

I've only run a few patches through my Vudoo using a piece of PVC pipe as a bore guide. This seems to work, but I'm concerned that the ejector is still exposed which may contact the cleaning rod. I sue an old brass rod that I've had for years. There is a video on Vudoo's website with specific recommendations for a Bore Tech rod guide. I have questions for you.

1. Do you use a bore guide and what brand?
2. What kind of cleaning rod are you using?
Old 03-29-2021, 04:17 PM
BIP
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From the man himself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT3-EQPc9Ik
Old 04-01-2021, 12:34 PM
wile2k1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps2486 View Post
I've only run a few patches through my Vudoo using a piece of PVC pipe as a bore guide. This seems to work, but I'm concerned that the ejector is still exposed which may contact the cleaning rod. I sue an old brass rod that I've had for years. There is a video on Vudoo's website with specific recommendations for a Bore Tech rod guide. I have questions for you.

I use a Bore Tech guide which was developed with Vudoo specifically for that action. I use a Shooters Choice .22 rod generally with a Bore Tech jag and properly sized patches (although I'm liking the Tipton Felt Pellets at the moment) along with Bore Tech Rimfire blend. if I feel a need to brush, I use Bore Tech nylon brushes. I didn't really realize it but apparently I like Bore Tech, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2021, 12:24 PM
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wile2k1 View Post
I use a Bore Tech guide which was developed with Vudoo specifically for that action. I use a Shooters Choice .22 rod generally with a Bore Tech jag and properly sized patches (although I'm liking the Tipton Felt Pellets at the moment) along with Bore Tech Rimfire blend. if I feel a need to brush, I use Bore Tech nylon brushes. I didn't really realize it but apparently I like Bore Tech, lol.
You referring to the 36" long brass shooters choice rod?

Thanks...
Old 06-13-2021, 01:17 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation No more rods for me ever again!

Ever since I read the owner of Bartlein barrels hasn't used a rod to clean his barrels in over 20 years, I only use the plastic pull-thru cleaners on my 22's.
Works great for my Chacon custom and will for my future Vudoo.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:36 PM
jps2486

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
More info. My Vudoo developed a bad carbon ring in the leade. Hard to get out with just patches and nylon brush soaked in Bore Tech Rimfire blend. I called Vudoo and a technician suggested using a wet bronze brush in the chamber and rotate it. That got rid of it. The carbon was really affecting accuracy and I got a lot of fliers that I couldn't explain.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:47 AM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
More info. My Vudoo developed a bad carbon ring in the leade. Hard to get out with just patches and nylon brush soaked in Bore Tech Rimfire blend. I called Vudoo and a technician suggested using a wet bronze brush in the chamber and rotate it. That got rid of it. The carbon was really affecting accuracy and I got a lot of fliers that I couldn't explain.
Seriously he told you to spin the brush in the chamber leade!
I hope he didn't say use a cordless drill too!

Lee
Old 06-19-2021, 11:54 AM
FredJ_2008
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Shouldn't have let it go that long without cleaning. I use a 50% Vinegar and Peroxide solution. Plug the Muzzle and fill bore and let it soak. Sure beats ruining your barrel with a spinning brush.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:22 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:

I use the rod guide for my Rem. 40x in my Vudoo. I don't think the brand really matters. I don't even remember who made mine, but it's made of Delrin and probably came from MidwayUSA.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:30 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Please don't do this^^^^. Especially with a bronze brush and cordless drill. I realize someone from Vudoo said do it, but it's wrong and I'll follow up with the shop to assure this advice won't be propagated any longer.

Mike Bush
Vudoo Gun Works
Old 06-21-2021, 10:04 AM
jps2486

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVAGE View Post
Please don't do this^^^^. Especially with a bronze brush and cordless drill. I realize someone from Vudoo said do it, but it's wrong and I'll follow up with the shop to assure this advice won't be propagated any longer.

Mike Bush
Vudoo Gun Works
Mike, is it ok to use a nylon brush here?
Old 06-21-2021, 12:59 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Mike, is it ok to use a nylon brush here?
Yes. I clean rings out frequently with a Nylon brush, but I don't do a lot of brushing. I use a chamber plug, stand the rifle on the butt, fill the bore with BoreTech Carbon Remover and let it soak for an hour or so. After the soak, pour out the Carbon Remover and a few easy strokes with a Nylon brush takes it away very easily. Any time one can eliminate a lot of excessive brushing, the better.

MB
Old 06-21-2021, 01:44 PM
Lloyd S.

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVAGE View Post
Yes. I clean rings out frequently with a Nylon brush, but I don't do a lot of brushing. I use a chamber plug, stand the rifle on the butt, fill the bore with BoreTech Carbon Remover and let it soak for an hour or so. After the soak, pour out the Carbon Remover and a few easy strokes with a Nylon brush takes it away very easily. Any time one can eliminate a lot of excessive brushing, the better.

MB
Thanks, Mike. Where can I get a chamber plug for .22 LR? The only ones I can find are for center fire cartridges.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:29 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd S. View Post
Thanks, Mike. Where can I get a chamber plug for .22 LR? The only ones I can find are for center fire cartridges.
I never realized that chamber plugs were so hard to com by since I bought mine years ago. After realizing they're not available anywhere, I designed one in SolidWorks and sent the model over to BoreTech. They'll be making them very soon.

MB
Old 06-21-2021, 04:39 PM
Lloyd S.

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
That's good to know. Thanks for your efforts!