Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1958 Mounty

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  jearl 
#1 ·
Ok so I stumbled onto a very nice 1958 Mounty and it’s in very nice shape with a couple minor flaws. One of the flaws is that the lever does not stay tight against the stock like my other Mounties do. It droops. I know I’ve seen some other folks inquire about this over the years but I can’t find any of the old threads. If anyone could direct me to a thread or know what part I need to look at I would be most great full.
Thanks!

#2 ·
There's a small screw in the bottom of the receiver in front of the lever. This screw holds the spring that puts pressure on the lever boss.
First check and see if the screw is tight. If it is then you have at least two choices.
Order that small piece of spring steel.....or slightly bend the one you already have to put a bit more pressure on the lever.
A small adjustment goes a long way. When you get it open it will become clear when you watch how the spring and lever work together.
Have fun with your new Mountie.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.