Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-30-2019, 02:48 PM
MN22LRFan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
XXII semi-auto question

Have an Italian XXII semi-auto with a 'sear adjustment screw' in the trigger guard:

What effect, if any, occurs with your rifle when the screw is moved thru its long travel ? And wonder if later models still have this feature ? The trigger pull has a long take-up, almost like a two-stage design, then some creep, and final pull weight around 3.5#. Adjusting the screw takes out a little bit of take-up and that's all, is that the normal result ? Thanks.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:03 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mines Japanese and it doesn’t have any adjustment screws in the trigger guard
Old 06-01-2019, 10:28 AM
ScoobyDoo

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
Mine is also Japanese but I do have the sear adjustment screw.

In the attached image, #1 is the screw, which appears to move #2 up and down, which pushes #3 to the left, creating less sear engagement; however, adjusting the screw on mine doesn't appear to move the sear much, if at all. That said, if I remove the screw and slowly push an Allen Wrench through the hole, it eventually moves #2 far enough that it trips the sear and releases the hammer.

My conclusion, thus, is that the screw isn't long enough but, if it were longer, I could take some of the creep out of the trigger. The creep in the trigger has been my one complaint about these guns. The one other issue to overcome would be the ability to keep a longer screw at the preferred depth once the sear engagement is properly adjusted.

If anyone figures out the thread pitch and screw size as well as the proper length, I'd be very appreciative. A source for a better screw is always appreciated as well.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:50 PM
MN22LRFan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scooby - thanks for the reply. Mine, like yours, screws in until it stops . . . and does nothing to the trigger action. Seems too short. So pulled the screw and mounting plate, and inserted two layers of a playing card, reinstalled the plate and screw. Now turned in all the way trips the cocked action. So backed it off till the sear looks like your picture. Still creep and the same trigger pull weight, but let-off is quicker and more positive. Will try to find a longer screw for a permanent solution, assume its metric, hex cap head, and should have a sharp point, not flat.